News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Adding weight

Started by richg, June 23, 2011, 10:13:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ACY

You'd be surprised how much lead you'd find in your house. And I could careless about the well being of small children since I don't have any and there haven't been any at my house since before 1999. Lead is nice and dense and allows for more weight in the same amount of space then other metals.

NarrowMinded

Poliss,
you will get more lead driving down the highway because lead has not been banned from wheel weights used to balance your wheels,  they are thrown from rims where other auto's mash them and grind them into fine dust, then the car in front of you drives over the dust and lifts it into the air and into your lungs, use that same test kit and wipe the front of your vehicle.

NM-Jeff

Doneldon

Jeff-

True, but that doesn't mean we
shouldn't do what we can to be
safe with lead.
                           -- D

NarrowMinded

I agree Doneldon, My point is Lead is safe contained inside a locomotive, it's not going to hurt you being in the same room, Poliss made a comment
QuoteWhy is it that some railway modellers seem to be obsessed with stuffing their stock choc full of poisonous lead?
I was just responding to what I consider an extreme view towards the use of lead,

I use lead weight for fishing, I wash my hands after.  poor fish they have to live with the stuff falling to the bottom of the lakes... Hmmm why hasn't the crazy state of california banned it's use yet???

NM-Jeff