News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

SPC Annie vs. Georgie the Junior Kitty

Started by on30gn15, June 22, 2011, 01:46:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

on30gn15

Around here we railroad where we can when we can - a still then an 11 second clip :)

Dude, if I were you, I'd be gettin' my little kitty butt outta that tunnel real quick like  ;D

Even though there's not enough to see, apparently he caught the smoke?  :P

When all esle fials, go run trains
Screw the Rivets, I'm building for Atmosphere!
later, Forrest

NarrowMinded

Careful there or your have to rename your Railroad the "Catskill Mountain Railroad" :P

NM-Jeff

ThinkerT

I was running trains on my indoor layout a couple days ago, partly for fun, and partly to see about fixing a couple minor track problems.  The cats were in the train room 'helping out'.

At one point, I have an R2 'distance eating loop' with a 30 degree crossover that basically triples the distance between two of the stations.  The one cat would position himself on the track just past the exit point from the loop.  He would watch the train approach, go through the skeletal 'mountain' that will eventually hide the crossover, go around the loop...and then head right at him.  Happened three or four times; he inspected the crossover at least twice, but I doubt he ever figured out what was going on.

The other thing that kept happening dealt with a long 'ridge' (site of a very unfinished future metropolis) with the loop on either side and a connecting tunnel.  Time and time again, one or another of the cats would be screwing around on one side of the ridge, see the train coming, and either jump over the ridge to the other side or go through the train tunnel to the other side, no doubt figuring that this would be enough to get out of the way...only to be caught flat footed when the train would go through the tunnel and come out on the other side where they were - sitting right in the tracks.

After a while, they sort of figured that one out, and took to perching atop the ridge tunnel, watching the train very carefully as it emerged - the one cat would take an expperimental swipe at it now and again.

There were no model train/kitty colliisions/

on30gn15

Quote from: ThinkerT on June 23, 2011, 01:22:14 AMThe cats were in the train room 'helping out'.
;D They can be so comical at times by just being themselves.
When all esle fials, go run trains
Screw the Rivets, I'm building for Atmosphere!
later, Forrest

NarrowMinded

If you want to have fun with your cats tie a fuzzy ball on the end of a string and tie it to a locomotive they will chase it until they fall over dead tired.

NM-Jeff