News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Royal Blue On30 2-6-0

Started by BillC, June 23, 2011, 11:37:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BillC

I have an older On30 Royal Blue 2-6-0 which took an eight foot plunge of its track.  The drive wheels are bent/loose and it lopes around the track.  The Royal Blue is no longer produced as a 2-6-0, it now a 4-4-0.  Does anyone know, are the wheels and gear setup (diameters, teeth, etc.) on the 4-4-0 the same as the 2-6-0?  Could I use the 4-4-0 parts as a replacement?  Any info. would be appreciated.  Thanks, Bill

John Tumolo

Check with Bachmann service before you do anything else.  They can sell you replacement /repair parts, or you can send the whole locomotive back to them and they will fix it.  You would have to pay a small fee, as it's obviously more than one year old, but it's worth the cost.  It's also less expensive than buying a new one.  I have had nothing but great experiences with the service department, so don't be afraid to call them.  All of the contact information is on this website.  Good luck, and let us know how you make out.   John Tumolo   Britcarfan@aol.com

Hamish K

As far as I know Bachmann have never produced a Royal Blue 4-4-0 in On30. They have produced them in other scales, clearly their parts would not do for On30. I would think that wheels and gears from other Bachmann On30 2-6-0s would do, although it is possible that there have been some changes over time to the 2-6-0's mechanisms. The On30 2-6-0 is essentially the same locomotive, whatever livery it carries (there are some detail differences between different versions but these should not affect the wheels or mechanism).

I woud follow John's advice and check with Bachmann service first.

Hamish

BillC

Yea, thanks, my bad.  I got confused I've been looking at so many Royal Blue's on Ebay and kept seeing the 4-4-0s but they are all the N-gauge.  I will be calling Bachmann service.  I'll let you know what happens.