News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

A 1:20.3 K36

Started by Matt M, July 05, 2011, 12:52:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt M

I will seek to make the case for a 1:20.3 K36 by Bachmann.  While it will take time for the World economy and the American economy in particular to recover there is a long development lead time for a loco like the K36.  If Bachmann was to start now the economy would be picking up around the time of the first run.

While it is a large loco the K36 should take the same curves as the K27 based upon the very nice but very expensive Accucraft model.  Anybody who has ridden the Cumbres & Toltec or the Durango and Silverton will have ridden behind one and all but one of the K36s is still in existence. How could any large scale modeller who has seen one in steam resist.  I certainly couldn't.  It would make a big model, but big is beautiful!

While I and many others would like a C19 if most Rio Grande LS modellers were honest a K36 would be top of the list.

tlnibert

Last year, we made it to Durango and saw the engines. Under full steam it will bring tears to your eyes. I have 2 of the Bachmann K-27's, but I've never seen them run. My layout should be back up and running soon.
Tom

glennk28

yes--While I only have five K-36's in On3, I could always use one in Fn3--   8^).  They could be offered in D&RGW old and new schemes, D&SNG, C&TS, and IRCA (There were some near-duplicates south of a couple of borders)

If anyone else has compared Bachmann Fn3 and Blackstone HOn3 equipment it  often looks like the same factory is building both sizes--if so--a C-19 would dertainly be a possibility in Fn3 as the HOn3 versions are3 being delivered now--so a lot of the engineering is done--

gj

Kevin Strong

Quote...How could any large scale modeller who has seen one in steam resist.
Pretty easy for me--my K-27 is already too big to fit on my railroad. I've had a K-37 on it, too, and it takes up half my siding!  ;) I'm afraid I'd have to pass.

That's not to say I don't have an appreciation for the Ks; they're beautiful locos.

Later,

K

tac

Well, since my track has fourteen and a half foot radius curves it would look just great.

Mind you, my layout has nothing BUT fourteen and half foot radius curves, as it is a double concentric circle.  The inside circle is a foot less....

Bring it on, Bachmann!

tac
www.ovgrs.org

rslater

I'm ready,  put me down for one.

davey b

id buy at least 2,,  im greedy like that,,

that is if its a sorted engine without any of the k27s wobbles,,

but a c19 would be very welcome addition,,,,

3 of those please,,,,,,,