News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

reversing loop

Started by Dennis44236, July 15, 2011, 02:27:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dennis44236

OK, since you guys were nice for my second post, I have a third question:

The 9" straight insulated piece from Bachman puzzles me. Do I still need the reversing loop module like I had with my Atlas track, or is the insulated piece adequate by itself?

With the Atlas track, I had soldered the ends of the reversing loop module to the sides of the track in the center of the piece and used insulated track connectors. It worked fine.

The Bachman piece has a thingy on the underside that seems like it may do the job all by itself.

Some advice, please.

jward

if you have a reversing loop you still need to insulate in the same places no matter what type of track you use. dc or dcc it doesn't matter, the gaps are in the same places. you will need to connect your autoreverse module the same with ez track as you did with atlas.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

Doneldon

Dennis-

The Bachmann insulated track sections take the place of the insulated rail joiners you used with your Atlas track, exceptthey are 9" long instead of 1/16". And you must gap both ends of both rails of the track within the loop, just as with the Atlas set up. BTW there is no rule which says you must use the pricey Bachmann insulated track sections. You can use the same plastic rail joiners you used on your previous layout. The only hitch is that getting the factory metal rail joiners off of the Bachmann EZ Track is anything but EZ. When it comes to taking the factory rail joiners off they should call it Oh Crap Track, or words to that effect.
                                                                                                                                                                               -- D

jward

you could also cut your own gaps with a hobby saw or dremel tool.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA