Mr. Bach-Man, I have a question about sound modules for EM-1's #444951

Started by klemn, July 14, 2011, 11:51:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

klemn

Are these sound modules announced with the EM-1 announcement specific to the EM-1 or are they just the Bachmann heavy steam Tsunami boards that would fit in any Bachmann DCC On-board locomotive like the 2-10-2?

GN.2-6-8-0

You can be sure the sound decoder will not be specific to the EM-1. It
will be the Tsunami heavy steam developed for Bachmann....that is not a full blown Tsunami....
Rocky Lives

ACY

Quote from: GN.2-6-8-0 on July 14, 2011, 12:10:21 PM
will be the Tsunami heavy steam developed for Bachmann....that is not a full blown Tsunami....
Actually the price of this decoder ($120 IIRC) is the same as a full featured Tsunami with would lead one to believe it is a full Tsunami and specific to an EM-1. So, my answer makes sense, which answer is right who knows.

richg

Quote from: ACY on July 14, 2011, 12:25:34 PM
Quote from: GN.2-6-8-0 on July 14, 2011, 12:10:21 PM
Actually the price of this decoder ($120 IIRC) is the same as a full featured Tsunami with would lead one to believe it is a full Tsunami and specific to an EM-1. So, my answer makes sense, which answer is right who knows.

So far, none of the Bachmann with on board Tsunami are the full Tsunami. The Bachmann manual spells it out. I have the full featured and Bachmann on board Tsunami.

Rich

ACY

Quote from: richg on July 14, 2011, 01:05:49 PMSo far, none of the Bachmann with on board Tsunami are the full Tsunami. The Bachmann manual spells it out. I have the full featured and Bachmann on board Tsunami.
I am aware of the fact that thus far no Bachmann decoder produced this far are full featured Tsunami decoders.
Also why would they offer it separately, if it is not the full featured decoder? I think it is seperate because they want to make the loco affordable to satisfy people where price is the main concern, while offering a specific decoder separate accommodates the people who like sound and full Tsunamis. It being a non-full featured Tsunami would not make any sense whatsoever.

GN.2-6-8-0

Well' guess you'll just have to wait and see' but regardless I assure you the decoder sounds will NOT be specific to a B&O EM-1 ,look at Soundtrax's website the closest their steam decoders can get is to the whistle sounds and even there you'll find differences in opinions as to correct prototype sounds.
Rocky Lives

the Bach-man

Dear All,
My understanding is that it is to have a full Tsunami.
I can't speak to the source of EM-1 sound effects.
Have fun,
the Bach-man