News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Bachman track

Started by Dennis44236, July 11, 2011, 07:26:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Terry Toenges

Donaldon - You're the one who doesn't get it.
Dennis said "1. The controllers for the #6 remote crossover turnouts do not seem to have a way to mount them to the side of the table. Any suggestions?". Then you launch into this thing about taking them apart or buying someone else's.
If you knew what you were talking about, you wouldn't have said that. All I did was point out that I thought you misunderstood what he was talking about in your post. Even Jerry knew you were wrong, but he didn't have the cojones to question your mistaken interpretation of what Dennis said. Now you and Jerry are sucking up to each other and acting like I was wrong when it was your screw up that started this all.
If you don't want your posts scrutinized on Bachmann's forum, then don't post them. Why would I want to contact you directly anyway? I read it on Bachmann, I'll post it on Bachmann. I don't give a crap whether you follow up on your posts or not.
I did click your name today just to see if your email was available. Even then I wouldn't have emailed you anyway. You posted on the board - you got the response on the board. Deal with it.
If you want to think I'm maligning go ahead. I could care less. I think you deserve maligning now.
As far as using Bachmann stuff, I don't read all your posts. I just pick out threads that interest me.
"Why not just use someone else's turnouts and the switch machines of your choice?" - You said it, I didn't. That's a direct quote from you, even though that wasn't his problem.
Now, why don't you and Jerry find a nice warm place to cuddle up and you can cut some malodorous cheese together.
Feel like a Mogul.

mf5117

The controllers for the #6 crossover are kind of boxy .and they will gang together . and the the 2 wire connector going to your accessory side of your controller . the way they are made it is hard to modify them due to the screws that hold them together are on the back of them .so gluing them or double sided sticky back tape could be the way to go .I have a few #5 turnouts and the switch controller's are the same . they do have extention cables bachmann sells for them and the for  similar and same controller's .it is a 10ft green 3 wire cable the goes from the plug wire off your turnout to the plug in on your turnout controller  . or if you know any electrical its pretty simple to run your own wire off the plugs to your turnouts to your controller and just a single 2 wire run from your controller to the accessory side of your power source . I have never had one of there turnouts fail yet . and the wiring is simple .

what I did was found a keyboard trey that mounted under a desk. and mounted it under my bench , and had my dcc controller ,the second controller for the accessories " turnout power , couple of crossing lights etc" setting in it . and double sided tape my switches to the trey . the bachmann standard r-18 turnout controller's do have mounting holes and why they didn't put them in the #5 & 6 turnout controller is beyond me . some little flanged ears would be nice on them ...... hope this helps as I'm not a pro but I use alot of EZ track and the turnouts .

Jerrys HO

Thanks D
( My anger was not about you in any way.) I did not take it that way. My post inquired that I may be misunderstanding you, not that I thought you misunderstood. You gave him one side and I gave him the other side. Either way Dennis got his answer.
Terry
Anger management dude! That's all I have to say except where did the cuddling and cheese come from.
I don't get much of a chance to help people on this forum but when I get a chance I love it and it makes feel I am learning alot from this forum.
Like Rodney said: Can't we all just get along.
Jerry

jward

just a thought......

terry, if i'm not mistaken you are still a kid. perhaps you should pipe down a bit and listen to what others are saying. you just might learn something. at the very least, think LONG and HARD about what you are posting before you post.

i may not always agree with what doneldon, or any of our other regulars for that matter, post. but i do respect his experience, and you should too. we all should......

this board is made up of various peopel from alot of different backgrounds and we all bring something here that hopefully can help somebody else. let's not let egos get in the way. this isn't congress, and trying to shout down the other guy isn't going to work here......
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

captain1313

Dennis...........I found that using a bead of low temp hot glue along the top and bottom edges works a 1000% better than double stick tape.  With the hot glue you can still peel the controller up and easily clean off the glue.  Where as the double stick tape is on the bottom and a bear to remove.  I have moved mine several times due to expansion and none of the controllers look worse for wear.

Kevin

Terry Toenges

Jward - Yep. I'm a 61 year old kid who had his first model train when he was 4. I did listen (read) what Donaldon said and that's why I pointed out his mistake (as I have done over the many years on this forum to others who have posted bad scoop).
Feel like a Mogul.

jward

a mistake in semantics does not justify castration in public. let's all be civil here. diplomacy and tact are virtues.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

Jerrys HO

Terry,
  It wasn't bad scoop I believe it was misreading which can happen to anyone.  Now the guy has another post and he's afraid to ask because YOU started.
Jerry

mf5117

read eph 4:29 in the kjv that will give you the scoop on karma matter of fact read the whole chapter

Terry Toenges

What started was after I posted this question "Perhaps "D" misunderstood?" and you got smart with me.
Feel like a Mogul.

jward

nobody cares what started it. we only care that it is dropped.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

Terry Toenges

That's fine with me. I'm over it unless someone else brings it up.
Feel like a Mogul.