New Items Flier, includes Heisler photo, skidder engine

Started by J3a-614, July 09, 2011, 03:29:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J3a-614

darryl1936

All right and just what I can use and the skidder too... :)

TOF

John Tumolo

OK, all of you Heisler fans finally got your wish-now you all had better prove to Bachmann that you were serious and purchase one or two.  I will patiently wait for my Prairie...........John Tumolo  Britcarfan@aol.com

Hamish K

That Heisler looks very nice, hard for me to justify for my line (it is nominally set in Australia and no Heislers  went to Australia) but you never know. The log skidder was overdue, good to see it at last. i am a little disappointed that neither of the excursion cars available in other scales made it to On30, these are also overdue.

Interesting that the Heisler is a sound ready version with add-on sound and that, unlike in other scales the log skidder is only sold separately and not also on a car.   This of course reduces the number of different versions Bachmann makes, and thus reduces costs. Suggests to me that they are expecting sales for On30 not to be sufficient to justify separate sound and non-sound versions or many versions for rolling stock.

Still the announcements do show that Bachmann remains committed to On30 and they should help keep interest in the scale. Lets hope that:
- the Heisler is free of the problems that have affected other geared locos
- that the new Porters and the newly announced items are delivered in the not too distant future
- that the new items sell well, and
- that we get more new items from Bachmann next year.

Hamish

Tomcat

Yep. True what you said, Hamish!

The lil´Heisler is a beauty, even when I can confirm that I was hoping for a more modern one. But hey...
we finally got that geared engine we have been looking for so long!

I had that gearbox issues on one of the Climax engines I have, while I had no issues with my Shays.
Bachmann - make my day and give this model a delivery prior to Christmas!
Now that we know what´s in the works, we can´t wait to have one... ;)

It´s a good signal and we love your "green signal" for a continued interest in 0n30.
And not to forget: that Log skidder is a nice thing too!!!

Cheers, Tom :) :) :)

Mike_AA9ZY

I definitely like the new skidder engine. I wonder if it will fit on the Bachmann On30 flat car?

ebtnut

OK, now that we have a Heisler, it's time to beat the drum for the one remaining nifty geared loco - the Class A Climax.  Probably wishful thinking at this point, but it's nice to dream. 

MarK T

EBT,
Whats the difference between a Class A Climax and the one that Bachmann already released in On30?
Thanks

Hamish K

Class A Climaxes are a quite different loco from the Class B Climax currently modelled by Bachmann. They were an earlier design and had vertical cylinders inside the cab, unlike the class B which had steeply inclined external cylinders. For an example see http://www.gearedsteam.com/climax/images/class-a.jpg. Class A climaxes differed a fair bit in style, some early ones had vertical boilers, some had  very open body work, some more enclosed. Many had a very backwoods appearance.

i agree that a model of one would be most welcome.

Hamish

Dusten Barefoot

I know I pester the hell out of everone over a 4-6-0
E.T.&.W.N.C, TWEETSIE, LINVILLE.
www.tweetsierailroad.com
http://www.johnsonsdepot.com/crumley/tour1.htm
#12 and 10-Wheelers
Black River & Southern
Rock On & Live Strong
Dusten

Sherwood

I like the Heisler, but before signing up for another geared loco, I am still looking for Bachmann to fully address the split gear issues.  I understand only the Shay has been addressed, and mine is actually OK so far without the fix.  I don't see that the equivalent Climax or Rail Truck problems have been addressed, however, and previous posts indicated that the warranty fix for my bad RGS Rail Truck would be to try to trade a Rail Bus for it rather than a proper fix.

JohnR

One of the things that has changed, and isn't necessarily obvious is that Bachmann is making gears with a stronger plastic.  I think it's a safe assumtion that the re-engineering that went into the new Shay gears was applied to the Heisler gears including the use of a stronger plastic.

-John

rich19

@ebtnut:

the Class A Climax you ask for is already available from Ozsteam (from Australia) as a Bachmann Climax conversion kit. See http://www.ozsteam.com/html/on30_t-boiler_climax_conversio.html for photos. They're sold via ebay.

Ricgard

ebtnut

That's interesting.  I wonder what the AUS $ exchange rate is these days?  Maybe it also points up that if the conversion is really that easy using the existing Bachmann chassis, maybe they might consider doing this themselves.  Bachmann, are you taking note?

Ken

$1:07475 US equal to   $1:00  Australian

Ken Clark
        GWN