News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Doodlebug Trailer Coach

Started by skipgear, July 11, 2011, 01:30:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

skipgear

How much begging is it going to take to get Bachmann to offer these coaches seperately? These would make great commuter coaches to put behind the 4-6-0 for local passenger service.
Tony Hines

Modeling the B&O in Loveland, OH 1947-1950

Williamson

Yes, please offer the 72' coach separately! ;D

westfalen

Yes please, I'd like the coaches separate too.

I want them so much I joined up just to ask.

the Bach-man

Dear All,
I hope so, too!
Have fun!
the Bach-man

Country Joe

I also would love to see the coaches available for separate sale, especially lettered for New York Central.

jmlaboda

I believe that these could be valuable cars if made available separate from the motor car.  While it does look similar to other models they are yet rather unique, which could be enough of an appeal for a number of modelers to be of interest in them.

Please, please, please!!!
jerry

Passenger Car Photo Index - ITS HUGE!!! 10,672 links added 2 August 2015!!!
The T1 Trust - building a NEW 1:1 scale PRR T1 one part at a time.

ncbqguy

I agree... not having these cars available separately and in a wide range of roadnames/roadnumbers is missing a good opportunity to amortize the tooling.   I would add that new inserts for a combine and full baggage would not be out of order either, as the four wheel trucks set the cars apart from anything else on the market.

One problem that Bachmann has to address now that they are making N Scale cars that are out of the trainset market is getting the new product into retail stores.   I don't know if it is due to Bachmann's mentality, the attitude of the wholesalers, lack of knowledge on the part of retailers, but Bachmann individual freight and passenger cars are not widely seen in online or brick and mortar shops, even those that carry the trainsets and a good range of locomotives and EZ Track.

I hope that Bachmann's sales department (and for that matter their production people) realizes they have a different product line now that needs to be promoted differently.   I am not sure this is so because the higher quality HO rolling stock hasn't made as much an impact in retail shops so far.

Charlie Vlk

sfcgadget