News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

NOISE-MAKERS

Started by bevernie, February 02, 2007, 11:03:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bevernie

Does anyone else go to "junk stores" and "flea markets" to get electronic toys, so that they can go home , take it apart, and put the "noise-maker" on his or her layout? IT'S GREAT!!
www.3abn.com   www.amazingfacts.com    www.bibleinfo.com

Stephen D. Richards

I do!  I recently purchased a large inventory of sortof new to very old engines and rolling stock.  I have been having a blast at either, getting them inot good working order or completely rebuilding them.  Great learning system.  It's getting me more acquainted with the new stuff.  I love it!

Diesel Man

Its a great thing !Mechanic,Electrician ,Modeler ,Rebuilder,Restorer.I have also been  there .Great thing.

Diesel Man

James Hail

Yes....I take all the dollar store junk apart.....even got a chuff and whistle for my sons Thomas HO set/layout from a push toy Thomas from Tomy....It will be installed in a building on the layout....and hooked to the throttle with relays ect...

Jim
Currently landscaping and ballasting a 4x10 HO.....using a NCE DCC PowerCab and Having a Blast.[move]

bevernie

So, really... What does DCC have or do better than DC??

Paul M.

bevernie,

If you have a question something else it would be better if you posted it on your own thread that you create. That way you would get more replies. ;)

-Paul
[
www.youtube.com/texaspacific

bevernie

Paul, would you please explain your comment a bit deeper? I did not understand??
                                                                    THANX!!
P.S. The one thing that I notice regarding DCC is that you can put sounds on your layout. My point was that you can also do this in DC/analog, only less expensively!!
                                                                                       THANX!!
                                                                                           ECD
                                                                             Hendersonville, NC

Paul M.

Sorry,

I didn't understand your question. I do now.  :D

-Paul
[
www.youtube.com/texaspacific

glennk28

a number of notable modelers have done so over the years--from Jack Burgess and the Millers with background sounds, to John Allen who hooked a "laugh box" to be triggered whenever someone tried to operate a selected switch or uncoupler. gj