Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

GP-9 shells

Started by tomplatten, March 21, 2011, 11:35:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomplatten

Does WBB sell its GP-9 shells?

the nitro man

Williams would, but i don't know about wbb. i have a sweet sd24 NS. williams bosy on a lionel sd chassis. sweet.

phillyreading

Quote from: tomplatten on March 21, 2011, 11:35:22 PM
Does WBB sell its GP-9 shells?

Have you checked out ebay? ??? Somebody might be selling just a shell for a GP-9, or a junker.
I have asked Bachmann about parts for Williams engines in the past, and what they list on the parts section is what they sell to the public.

Lee F.

the nitro man

Tom, Go to the Ma And Pa Junction site. Under Williams by Bachmann parts they have a GP 9 shell listed.  C N ..$20.00

Hope this helps...671

phillyreading

Thank for the heads up about Ma & Pa Junction site, I may go there myself for some parts for my older Williams engines. I thought they just sold Williams engines, not parts.
I went to Ma $ Pa Junction www.mapajunction and they have only one GP-9 shell for sale, and one frame with motors for a GP-9. Did not see other parts for sale.

Lee F.

the nitro man

back when williams owned willians, i had busted a shell that had fallen off a table. they was good enough to let me buy a replacement of the shell that came off of it, same road name & road number. would WBB do that?

phillyreading

Quote from: the nitro man on May 05, 2011, 09:31:08 PM
back when williams owned willians, i had busted a shell that had fallen off a table. they was good enough to let me buy a replacement of the shell that came off of it, same road name & road number. would WBB do that?

That was when Jerry Williams was the owner of Williams trains, the founder of the company. From what I have seen and heard of Williams by Bachmann, I doubt if you could buy anything like a shell for any engine. Hopefully I am proven wrong by Bachmann. Right now it looks like parts are extremely limited from Bachmann for any O gauge engine.
Recently I had to cut down some older metal wheels for an SD-45 to replace the plastic wheels that were on the inside ends of the trucks. The wheels were left-over from a power upgrade kit I installed on an F-7 diesel.

Lee F.

rtraincollector

try this guy he bought a lot of parts from williams just before they sold out to Bachmann

http://www.manta.com/coms2/dnbcompany_yr9cg1

MAPA JCT

I'll be working on the "parts" section starting this week!

phillyreading

Quote from: rtraincollector on May 06, 2011, 03:59:53 PM
try this guy he bought a lot of parts from williams just before they sold out to Bachmann

http://www.manta.com/coms2/dnbcompany_yr9cg1

I just checked this website out and all I got was Manta.com info.  No link for the hobby shop he claims.

Lee F.

rtraincollector

You have to call him he acually works out of his garage I have bought from him in the past.
Charlie and Janet Phillips

717-564-8633
fax 717-564-4447

Ron Sims

His name is Charlie Phillips. Great guy. I have bought many parts from him.
Ron

MAPA JCT

Getting the "parts" section up and running has been difficult for now. I just don't seem to get the time to work on this section.
Best advice:  EMAIL what you need, I'll try my best to find the part. If possible, I MAY even scavage a NEW train to get you the part, and put the rest on the "parts" section.