News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Track Adapters?

Started by BrianF1, July 16, 2011, 07:44:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrianF1

Does anyone know of a manufacturer that provides adapters to connect Bachman HO E-Z Track to standard HO track?
I would like to connect the E-Z Track layout with an existing HO layout that has a mixture of raised roadbed and ground grade level track. All track is Nickel Silver.

jward

you don't need adapters to connect the two types of track. all you really need to do is shim the old track up to meet the ez track. and cut the loop off the ez track. cork roadbed under regular track should get you pretty close.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

Joe Satnik

Dear Brian,

I suggest trimming the cork roadbed instead to allow the EZ-Track tab to remain intact. 

Color the top of the tab to blend with the cork, or bury it all in ballast.

Hope this helps.

Sincerely,

Joe Satnik   
If your loco is too heavy to lift, you'd better be able to ride in, on or behind it.

Doneldon

Brian-

You can use anything to build up to the 1/4" height of easy track. One fellow I know uses cedar shims that are used to level doors and windows in construction. Those work if you have two end to end, with a piece of non-tapered wood under the shim that butts into the Bachmann track. Don't forget that the Bachmann track is Code 100. You'll have to use code 100 rail on your new track,too, unless you use a special rail joiner that does the job for you. (You can fudge this if you slide one end of the rail joiner on the Code 100 rail and then solder Code 83 rail to the top of the rail joiner, rather than sliding the rail joiner on the Code 83 rail.)
                                                     -- D