News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

EZ track turnout control (correction)

Started by Tedshere, July 18, 2011, 07:17:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tedshere

Does anyone know if it's possible to buy just the DC controller for the EZ track turnouts?
    One of mine died. Power is going thru it to the next controller, but not out to the turnout it's suppose to be controlling.
   Thanks,
   Ted
    Well, as it turns out now, when I connect that turnout to a different controller, it still doesn't work. And if I connect another turnout to that controller it works fine. So my problem is with the turnout it's self, not the controller. Sorry I gave you half-a--ed information. Should have finished testing before I posted.
Thanks again Kevin & Joe.
   Ted

Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy.
Ted
Kalkaska, Michigan

captain1313

I was told by Bachmann service that you get order these from Backmann parts.  Just give them a  call.

Kevin

Joe Satnik

Dear Ted,

Atlas #56 Switch Control Box has the same function, but has screw terminals instead of slide on connectors. 

Hope this helps.

Sincerely,

Joe Satnik
If your loco is too heavy to lift, you'd better be able to ride in, on or behind it.

captain1313

Tedshere,

I've had some of the plugs on the end of the green wire be defective.  Ended up splicing in a different plug or even like Joe said, an atlas controller.

Kevin

Tedshere

Well as it turns out, I found another green cable, hooked it up and I'm back in business. Sorta scary to me why I had an extra cable though since I'm very new to this hobby and don't have any extra turnouts laying around. :-\
    Anyway, thanks a lot guys !!
    Ted
Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy.
Ted
Kalkaska, Michigan