News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

n scale switches in e z

Started by iceman gene, October 23, 2011, 12:27:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iceman gene

why are there only one size switch available in n ez track? am i missing something?

Albert in N

The one turnout size available seems to only work with Bachmann Standard locomotives with truck mounted couplers.  From my experience, body mounted coupler locomotives usually derailed the first car when entering an E-Z turnout passing siding.  I was using Bachmann Standard and Spectrum locomotives pulling Bachmann dummy knuckle coupler freight cars on a modest E-Z track layout.  My solution was to replace all my track with Kato Unitrack, which works very well.  Both Kato and Atlas have a wide selection of turnouts, track radius, sizes and track accessories.  Pricing is comparable.  If you visit an N scale model railroader with a layout, or go to a train show, you probably will not see anyone using E-Z track.   E-Z track is gradually adding new items and hopefully wider radius turnouts will come soon for those using E-Z track. 

iceman gene

thank you, well iguess i will look into ho

Albert in N

HO is great if you have the space.  Bachmann HO seems to have uniform nice working knuckle couplers and a better track selection than N.  Also, HO has far more choices of locomotives and rolling stock.  Bachmann standard HO locomotives are also more detailed (compare the smaller steamers or diesels in both scales at Hobby Lobby or other store).  N has limitations, but also offers more layout for the space.