News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Nebraska Zephyr

Started by Jhanecker2, July 26, 2011, 09:26:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jhanecker2

Does anybody know who currently owns the cars of the former Burlington Nebraska Zephyr ?  I was in the shop-building about  5 o'clock this afternoon when I heard on odd train horn , I went to look outside and saw the last couple of streamlined cars of the  "Nebraska  Zephyr"  heading eastbound.   I live on Railroad street and Ritz Road in Marengo , IL   and had seen  the  Zephyr  heading  westbound  a couple of weeks previously. The tracks across the Street are currently operated by Union Pacific ,  formerly Chicago Northwestern , and are normally used for freight  . They service the Belvidere  Chrysler assembly Plant and other industries . I Have Seen some of UP 's   Heritage  Fleet  run through from time to time .  I am also about three or four miles west of the Illinois Railway  Museum   and  the track is adjacent  to their lines .  John  II.

Doneldon

John-

Judging by where you saw the NZ cars, I'd guess the ITM either owns them or is restoring them for their owner. I believe the ITM rebuilt the Pioneer Zephyr for the Rosenwald Museum so they would be a natural choice to work on another Zephyr.
                                                                                                                                           -- D

Rusty

The Illinois Railway Museum owns the Nebraska Zephyr.

Rusty

Doneldon

Quote from: Rusty on July 28, 2011, 02:47:22 PM
The Illinois Railway Museum owns the Nebraska Zephyr.

There ya' go!