News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Pink James

Started by JLK2707, July 22, 2011, 04:19:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JLK2707

Do you think that a Pink James in HO Scale could sell quite well as a separate model?

thomasj219

PLease stop making all these topics asking how things would look, just post in the Everything Thomas Topic.
All I want is, Stepney, Boco, Harvey.

DinoNTrains

And besides, I don't think Bachmann would make multiple kinds of each character (i.e. Henry in both shapes, James in Busy Bee Livery and Tickled Pink, etc.)
Bachmann never ceases to amaze me :)

BillingsRR

Is it really that big of a deal that he makes a different thread for each different topic? There are far worse things going on than to many threads. It is not a huge problem, the world will not end if there are too many threads. The Bach-man has not problem with it, Yardmaster has no problem with it, and none of the other admins have mentioned it or cared. Therefore, it is a not a true issue.

Personally I do not think the Pink James would do well. It isn't like Wooden Railway where the models are under $20, these models are over $50.

PerfectPercy

Maybe a replaceable body for those savvy modellers. I could see a shell going for well under $50. Just look at the prices of James' outer body in the "Parts and Service" section of the site.

SmokeyNSteamer

If you really want to have a pink James, buy a spare shell and paint it yourself.

And if you want to know the proper paint mix--One part Polly Scale Soo Line Red, One part Polly Scale Reefer White.

sunhuntin

while i dont collect bachmann thomas, i do collect the fisher price trackmaster range.
FP, in all their wisdom, are releasing multiples of the same characters with slight differences such as color or decals. for james we have regular, busy bee with black and yellow stripes, james goes buzz buzz with a red nose and bee tampos, talking james, RC james and i bet theres a glow in the dark version on the way as well. its worse with thomas. in saying that, i love that i have a choice of which version to run.
it drives me batty trying to track them all down, and the majority of them i have to get them in from the uk or usa. i hope bachmann doesnt go down that route, for the wallets and sanity of those who collect these more expensive models.