Lake & Russia Iron and Eureka & Palisade 4-4-0s

Started by trainman2, July 21, 2011, 10:23:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trainman2

Is the paint the same colors on both? I have the E&P and want to get the Lake & Russia and letter it for the North Pacific Coast #12 Sonoma, now on display at the CA Railroad Museum. The pics I see in the catalog are not real clear on the exact colors. Also, does anyone know if any vendor offers a "strap-iron" pilot that could replace
the Bachmann "wood" pilot? Several railroads running the 4-4-0 loco used them.
Thanks for your help.
Ed

Loco Bill Canelos

I believe the unlettered version is exactly like the E&P Version, right down to the exact same pinstriping. I believe that Bachmann went the easy way on this and just did a run without the E&P lettering.   I do not have both side by side to confirm this.

Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!

norman

Hi trainman:

The Bachmann E&P loco has a base colour of black, which is wrong. The E&P prototype loco has a base colour of brown (Lake) !

The Lake and Russia Iron loco has a base colour of brown ( Lake ) with the same pinstriping as the E&P loco.

Both versions are magnificently decorated models.

The horizontal strap iron pilot, as is present on the prototype E&P loco, was available from Accucraft but are now long ago sold out.

Possibly you can search ebay for a strap iron pilot.

If enough demand exists, maybe hobbyists could lobby Accucraft to do another run of these strap iron pilots?

Norman