News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Website suggestion...

Started by Wolfy, July 29, 2011, 12:00:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolfy

Hi Bach-Man - man it's been a LONG time since I've been here and can hardly believe the changes that have been made!  The new website is STUNNING compared to what it used to be and the ability to order parts online and see the exploded diagrams is just genius!  Congratulations to all on a job well done! 
However, I'd like to make one small suggestion if I could.  I ordered some Thomas couplers for my son's Annie and Clarabell coaches, and that went just fine.  But, when I get an email link updating the order status, the order history page has black text on that dark blue/multi blue toned background and it's all but impossible to read.  Might you pass along to the webmaster to either use a different text color, or lighten/make more transparent that blue background so the text can be seen?
Otherwise, things look GREAT here!

Thanks!

Mike (lifetime fan of ATSF 4-8-4's)

the Bach-man

Dear Mike,
Thanks, I'll pass that along.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

Jim Banner

In the meantime, many (most?) browsers let you choose either the colours that the web designer has used or your own colours.  For example, I use Firefox running under Windows XP so when I run into one of those horrible colour combinations, I go
Tools|Options|Content|Colours| then tick Use system colours and untick Allow pages to choose their own colours.  this gives me black lettering on a white background.

If I want to play around a bit, I untick both Use system colours and Allow pages to choose their own colours.  Then pick I pick my own colours.  Ever seen the Bachmann Board with purple print on a pale yellow background?  Looks just like Easter without the eggs and rabbits.

Jim
Growing older is mandatory but growing up is optional.

mabloodhound

Thanks for the tip Jim, I never knew that was there.   I bet Firefox has a lot of other hidden gems.
Dave Mason

D&G RR (Dunstead & Granford) in On30
"In matters of style, swim with the current;
in matters of principle, stand like a rock."   Thos. Jefferson

The 2nd Amendment, America's 1st Homeland Security