News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Have you ever heard of: ?

Started by RFPville, July 31, 2011, 08:24:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RFPville

Have you ever heard of the BQ23-7 diesel?  It's not the same as the B23-7.  I got two of these Bachmann items in the 1980's and their motors are needing tune ups.  I had wanted to find the coboose that came with the combo set for it but I can't locate it.  The caboose was a tan off-center cupola with black lettering for Seaboard Coastline/ L&N.   I found an Athearn wide vision caboose with the same paint job as the locomotive though  and use that for it's matching caboose and it does match.  But none the less, I need to get these two locomotives repaired and tuned up.  What are the suggestions for doing this?

jward

some background:

the real bq23-7 is really a b23-7 with a cab modified to seat a 5 man crew, the norm in the late 1970s when they were built. there were only 10 made, all for family lines. all are now long scrapped.

given the era in which the models were purchased, it is safe to say these are the old pancake motor locomotives. these are marginal performers at best. since the bq23-7 is really a b23-7 in disguise, i'd consider buying a couple of b23-7s off ebay for a reasonable price, then using their much improved chassis under the bq23-7 bodies.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

tonycook1966

Tony Cook
HO-Scale Trains Resource
ho-scaletrains.net