replacement tender for 4-8-4 FEF-3

Started by ALS101, August 03, 2011, 10:07:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ALS101

I have a NYC FEF-3 Niagara Item #50302 and I want to redo it as the UP #844 FEF-3 Northern, however I need to change the coal tender to an oil tender and I see Bachmann has a Shell I might be able to use item #508x-00601, will this fit on my NYC Tender chassis?  Any help would be appreciated.

ryeguyisme

the bachmann niagara is not a UP prototype it is an NYC prototype, if you want the UP tender for say I would say look for the overland limited train set or locomotive tender, or get a rivarossi tender

train guy

bachmann's overland limmited tender is U.P. and is oil fired.
You can buy the tender seperatly from they'er parts and survice departmant at estore.bachmanntrains.com

ALS101

ALS101

I Have one more question, does anyone know where I can buy an Auxillary water tender to go with my UP FEF-3 #840, I have seen the Aux Tenders from the Veranda Loco's but they are so expensive and in researching on the Aux water tank I did find that UP did convert the Gas turbine to Water to work with the #844 and #3985, anyway if anyone knows where I can buy one for a decent price, I'd appreciate it, also any knowledge you can give me on this project I'm trying to do.  For the folks that already helped me, I won an FEF-3 #840 Rivarossi, and will change it to #844, I really don't want to redo my Niagara, But again I thank the folks that gave me info on my Niagara, you all are great folks!!!

Doneldon

ALS-

Congratulations on your Rivarossi FEF. I've heard positive
things about that model. I'm sure you'll like it.
                                                                       -- D

RAM

you might try Ebay, but I don't think you will find one at a decent price.

ryeguyisme

most people I know have bought an auxiliary in brass or kitbashed/scratchbuilt it

ALS101

Thanks again, I hope someday I can help someone with their questions!!!