News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Assorted track pieces

Started by systemtech, August 09, 2011, 07:21:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

systemtech

I am working on the layout Susquehanna Valley and Gulf Summit Railway. I was thinking of using this type of track or maybe the KATO type track. The question I have does Brahman have the 5/8 inch piece of track. And second when using this type of track can it be pretty much line up as the Atlas code 80 track, or would it be a bit on the bigger scale?? Has anyone ever tried to take a code 80 track plan and convert it to the Bach Man track? I do have a lot of questions here but its been a while since I have done any railroading lately and there are new and different types of track on the market. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

skipgear

It would take a lot of work to convert that to EZ track. Bachmann does not offer then 9 3/4R used on the layout. They don't currently have the #4 turnouts but they are coming. Those would be the two biggest stumbling blocks.

There are more radius coming and the #4's you may be able to adapt it to a slightly larger version which would help that layout anyhow. It is a very tight/cramped layout. I have seen one expanded to 5 x 8 that looked very good. Spread the radius out a bit and let the layout stretch it's legs.
Tony Hines

Modeling the B&O in Loveland, OH 1947-1950