027 Silver Streak Streamliners question

Started by johnreid, August 06, 2011, 12:47:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnreid

I just bought a set of these, they look real nice too. I am happy with the purchase but wonder, why isnt there a sheet of paper that comes with each car that explains how to open them up to change a light bulb? No problems with the bulbs yet as they are brand new, but some day I bet I will need to change a bulb. IF not a sheet of instructions with each car, why not a diagram that can be downloaded in a pdf format or something of that nature?

Aside from that, I am very happy with my Williams Locomotives and cars, real good build quality and good value too.

rtraincollector

I thought they had screws on the underside under the trucks as you can move the trucks from side to side to get to them maybe wrong thou as don't presently have any Williams passenger cars

johnreid

I see the screws, but experience has taught me to ask before acting. I believe some passenger cars, maybe from another company, are made so certain windows are to be squeezed. Once a light bulb is needed I will figure it out, but still wonder why no instruction sheet?

DominicMazoch

The Lionel 2400 passenger cars could have the roof unscrewed by the fan/nuts on the top of the car.

BTW, the ladder end of the cars goes on the ends with the doors!

johnreid

This is a Williams set #43250
I see the vents on the roof but they do not seem to want to turn, dont want to twist them off and break them. I am assuming it is the screws, but it would be nice if someone who has the set would step in and confirm just how to do it.
In the mean time I will enjoy watching them go around the layout, a set of passenger cars does make a layout complete

DominicMazoch

You posted on Sat.  Hopefully, somebody from WBB will give you answer by Monday here.

johnreid

well, could have predicted this, a bulb has burnt out, I have contacted WBB service dept, and will post how to do this when and if I get a response.

johnreid,

I have the same style passenger cars in the Green Color.  The roof vents are standard right handed screws... Righty Tighty, Lefty Loosey. The vents on my cars were very,very tight. So tight that they slightly buckled the roof.
             I was able to remove/loosen them by very carefully using small flat billed pliers. I took my time and turned the vents counter-clock wise. At about 1/4-1/2 turn I was then able to turn the now finger loose vent-screws.
             Once the screws are removed the roof can be remove to access the lamps. I re-tightened the screws only using my fingers.

Hope this helps...671

johnreid

Thanks, that will keep me from breaking a brand new passenger car to change a light bulb. Now to open it up and figure out what kind of bulb it takes and where to find one.

3rail

The vents on the roof are actually screws. Unscrew them and you can easily access the light bulbs.

Regards,

3rail