News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

2-4-2 piping

Started by bob kaplan, August 09, 2011, 03:37:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bob kaplan

i did try this in another thread, but there has been no reply....so i thought i would attempt a thread of its own.   When attempting to put a crew in the new 2-4-2, it was easy to remove the screws as shown in the diagrams that come with the engine, so that i could remove the cab.... but i could not remove the piping to completely remove the cab and install the crew.  Can someone give a suggestion or two.
  Thank you.

Sleeping Bear

If the piping mounts to a hole that comes the whole way through the cab wall, and you can reach it inside the cab with a small paint brush, try a drop or two of acetone. If there is any glue or if there is a paint weld holding the piping in place, the acetone might loosen it. Be VERY careful around paint that you care about. It is very likely that too much acetone will eat paint off though to date I haven't had much problem with this on Bachmann stuff, just don't rub the area, pat it and let dry. Acetone will dissolve most C.A.'s(contact adhesives) like super glue and the like, and may soften paint enough to break its hold.                      Hope this is some help.......S.B.
"If at first you don't succeed....Get a bigger hammer"

bob kaplan

ok...thank you...i will give it a try.
b