News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

"Nodding Donkey"

Started by armchairmodeller, August 09, 2011, 03:58:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

armchairmodeller

Do any members know who produces an HO scale  "Nodding Donkey" oil pump? The type seen in the fields in parts of Alberta. They look like good subjects to model and motorise in HO scale.

I have had a look on the internet and have failed to come up with a model kit for this type of oil pump in HO (3.5mm/ft)but there are the occassional ones in O (7mm/ft). I may be looking in the wrong place. A kit would be so much easier to construct than to try to fabricate one myself, hey, my title is Armchair Modeller

ACM
Only when the last tree has been felled. Only when the last fish has been caught. Only when the last river has been poisoned.Only then will you realise that you cannot eat money.

Doneldon

armchair-

By "nodding donkey" I think you mean walking beam pump. That's the so-called proper name for the derricks which go up and down like, well, a nodding donkey. I've seen some in the Walthers catalog. If you don't have one, search on Walthers' web site.
                                                                                                                                                                            -- D

richg

http://tinyurl.com/3suuqxo

I have found by experience that how to ask the question can make a big difference.

Rich

RAM

Right now there are two Horse head pumps on Ebay.  I don't know if these are powered or not.  They are nice, but big bucks.  Walters has what looks like the same kit, but unpowered for $27.xx  Faller made one in the past but it looked over sized to me.

Doneldon

RAM-

These pumps are easy to animate.

-- D

armchairmodeller

Thank you for the replies and guidance on terminology. Because I was not putting the "right" question in the search field I was not getting the answer I needed. The replies posted have cleared this up and I now know how to go about it, especially as Richg has given me such a usefull link.

Quote from: richg on August 09, 2011, 09:55:57 PM
http://tinyurl.com/3suuqxo

I have found by experience that how to ask the question can make a big difference.

Rich

You are certainly correct in this.

"Will you shift your fat carcass, you great clumsy bus horse?" and "Excuse me sir, do you realise you are standing on my foot?" brought totally different reactions.  ::)

Regards
ACM
Only when the last tree has been felled. Only when the last fish has been caught. Only when the last river has been poisoned.Only then will you realise that you cannot eat money.