Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Modeling advice needed please

Started by AJWPRODUCTIONS, August 11, 2011, 07:58:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AJWPRODUCTIONS

Hello everyone:
OK I'm gonna get straight down to the point :) ;) :
I need some help advice modeling a few engines for my upcoming YT series " Tales From Sodor To The Mainland ". The engines are listed below along with their debut appearance in the series ( at this point I should mention storylines and ep names are subject to possible change . . . ) ;)
Rosie ( " Prologue " ( before ep1 ))
Molly ( ep2 " the yellow wonder engine " )
Lady ( ep8 " Ten Years Ago " )
Austin and Tucker ( if mrtrainman12 approves :D ( ep? ))
Cody The Lightning Engine ( currently awaiting JD417/96's approval :D ( ep14 " Secret Army " ( episode may change due to some confusion with JD417/96, and I am currently awaiting him to clear it up . . . )))
Alfred and Cecil ( if skarloeyfan123 approves :D ( ep8 " Ten Years Ago " ))
Kyle The silver shunter ( if SuperMarioKyle100 and/or JD417/96 approves :D ( ep? ))
Conor the Brash double X ( if EmeryAndEmilyFan2344 and/or JD417/96 approves :D ( ep1 " Legend Of The Silver Bullet " ))

jettrainfan

For engines that are baseed off models, ask the original owner what they used. Engines like rosie may need to be kit bashed, which is basically taking parts and putting them on engines. A little research on engines may help with finding models, it also can make the series interesting if you tweak some stuff. I came up with a crazy storyline about a diesel that was a mistake... I don't want to give too much away... but you get my point?  :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZL7jR1cRb4             

This is how i got my name and i hope that you guys like it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/jettrainfan?feature=mhw4
youtube account

AJWPRODUCTIONS

I've got plots planned for every episode up to 14 ;) But thanks anyway

AJWPRODUCTIONS

Double post how I loathe you buuuuuuut:
Work on improving sodor's #1 engine is underway ( I'm modeling his season 1 model ) so improvements are being made watch this space . . . . . . . . . :)

TobyTheTram16

For Molly you could get a Tomy/Trackmaster model of her extend the funnel a bit and get a Hornby Oliver chassis or any Hornby GWR 14xx chassis aswell as getting a sutible er um chassis if you will for her tender. Just a thought  ;)

AJWPRODUCTIONS

I knew about the body but the chassis is what I really needed to hear, thanks :)
But I'd have to reverse the chassis then add another front directional wheel meaning when my engines are going forward, she'd go backwards :o :o :o and vice versa

PasqualeCS96

Can someone give me the dimensions needed to make a snowplow for Thomas?