News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Working under a layout

Started by richg, August 12, 2011, 12:14:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

richg

Some here might like this.
With four casters, scrap wood, some 1/4 inch hardware, a little ingenuity, you can make one of these. You can make the back support adjustable to suit your position under the layout.

I use one of these at our club a lot.

Ri

mhampton

Ooh, I like!  Another option might be to add a back rest on an old mechanic's creeper.

ebtnut

One other thing I find helpful is a head light.  These are small LED flashligts mounted on a strap to fit on you head.  There is never enough light where you want it under the layout and these are relatively inexpensive.  You can find them at most any outdoor recreation store or sports department in some major chains. 

Joe323

Might I suggest a hard hat.  I am alaways bumping my head

NarrowMinded

instead of a hardhat get a "bump" cap they are smaller lighter and you can put your light on it so the strap doesnt bother your forhead

Nm-Jeff

Doneldon

rich-

Do you think I could attach an old washing machine motor and a really long extension cord and use this to run errands? Not as silly as you may think. I have an old open top Jag and I'm sure my tookus is no farther from the pavement in that than it would be with your contraption. I actually like your idea and I may build one for myself. A small open box on some casters might be a useful adjunct to hold the tools.
                                                                                                                                                                          -- D

richg

Yes, a small table on casters for tools and beer can.
Don't knock over the beer can.
I have a ball cap with super bright LED's built right into the brim which is great under the layout.

Rich