News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

repairing a bachmann spectrum "Connie "

Started by robertalan51, August 20, 2011, 08:48:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

robertalan51

hi there,
    decided to give my Connie a little run the other day and when i put her on the tracks..............bingo! nothing happened. it just sat there and made her neat idling sounds. i guess she broke her drive gear?????
now for the fun part. is it very difficult to repair this ? any suggestions as to where i could go to have the repair done? should i just send her back to bachmann for the repairs?
   all i wanted was to just watch her go down the line a few times and listen to her awesome sound effects.
what to do...........
thanks, Rob  in Chicago

Sleeping Bear

http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/board/index.php/topic,17599.0.html    In this thread, this subject was covered recently. Could have the answers to your question......Hope this helps......Later All.....S.B.
"If at first you don't succeed....Get a bigger hammer"

robertalan51

THANKS SO MUCH FOR THE QUICK RESPONSE. I AM GOING TO TRY A LOCAL HOBBY SHOP FIRST AND THEN IF HE CAN'T FIX IT  I WILL SEND IT OFF TO THE "BACH-MAN". THANKS AGAIN, ROB

Barry BBT

There is a gear from Northwest Shortline, #2226-6, $12.95 plus shipping.  Should last a long time.

I also make a New gearbox with a 8000 series Pittman ball bearing motor, costs a bit more, but adds oodles of power and longevity.
Warranted for as long as I am around (good health, etc....).

For more info email: barrysbigtrains@live.com

Barry - BBT
There are no dumb questions.