News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

DCC Steam w/Sound

Started by tommy4u2, October 22, 2007, 04:45:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tommy4u2

Mr. Bachmann
I have decided to purchase a Spectrum DCC with sound on board Steam Engine this week.
My question is the smallest radius on my layout is 18 inches or 36inch circle and I want one of the larger engines (not a Shay or or Baldwin)
which engine will have the easiest time with this radius out of the ones in the Spectrum Line,

As Always Thank You in advace
Tommy
My Daddy told me along time ago if you cant say something nice to  someone don't say anything at all

SteamGene

The Ten Wheeler, the Russian Decapod, the Consolidation (but I'm afraid that's the Baldwin you mention) and perhaps, the USRA LIGHT Mountain, if you can find one.  It's possible that the USRA light Mallet will work, but it will look like an elephant on roller skates.
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

the Bach-man

Dear Tommy,
Try the Pennsy K-4. I ran one for days on end in Chicago, and it easily handled 18" radius, and looked fine. It sounded great too, particularly the PRR "peanut" whistle!
Have fun!
the Bach-man

MilwaukeeRoadfan261

I have only seen the K-4 in a DCC-Ready and a DCC on-board version. Not yet have I seen a DCC with sound version available anywhere. Where might I be able to find one.

richg

Quote from: MilwaukeeRoadfan261 on October 24, 2011, 10:46:02 AM
I have only seen the K-4 in a DCC-Ready and a DCC on-board version. Not yet have I seen a DCC with sound version available anywhere. Where might I be able to find one.

Do a Google search for spectrum 4-6-2 k4 sound tsunami. I just did and they are out there. Compare prices and shipping charges.

Rich