News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Question for Bachmann

Started by l-y-k, August 27, 2011, 03:28:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

l-y-k

I've just been reading my warranty card, and other documents I received with my Empire Builder set. Why does the Lifetime warranty not cover the UK?

I understand there is a UK Bachmann distributor here so would they be the ones to contact for warranty issues?

I feel a little disappointed it doesn't cover anywhere outside the US and Canada?

Would you be able to let me know who I'd need to get in touch with when I do have a problem.

Thank you.

Leon

poliss

If you bought it in the UK from a Bachmann authorised retailer then the Bachman UK warranty applies, which is about the same as the Bachmann US one.
When buying in the UK, if you have problems, your first port of call is always the retailer.
If there is an inherant fault with your model and you live in England or Wales, then you have up to six years to make a claim with the retailer, which is a far better deal than buyers in the USA get.

l-y-k

Hey Poliss,

Thanks for the information! There was no documentation in the box to tell me this.

Bachmann, would you be able to put this information on the american products you sell here in the UK?

Not just for myself but maybe other customers might need to know this as well :)

Thanks,

Leon

ACY

Quote from: l-y-k on August 28, 2011, 05:25:32 AM
Bachmann, would you be able to put this information on the american products you sell here in the UK?

Not just for myself but maybe other customers might need to know this as well :)
If Bachmann puts that in everything they sell in the UK, it would increase the cost of all the items, due to printing costs and such.

poliss

They have to put European safety info on everything they sell in the UK or they wouldn't be able to sell them here. An extra line giving Bachmann UK contact info would hardly break the bank.

l-y-k

I agree, considering they print out at least 6/7 pages of the warranty in other languages I don't think it would cost them any more to add a uk specific page....

Leon