Motorized Turntable shorts during rotation FIXXED!

Started by kpsdjs, August 23, 2011, 07:08:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kpsdjs

To All (including Yardmaster and Bach-Man),

Problem is fixxed. Thank you very much to Jim Banner. His idea to isolate "Powered" track inputs with tape solves ALL. I don't need relay patch. Never installed it. I just knew that I could cut power to the bridge while rotating!
     The TT is not defective in any way. Just some fine tune at next run. The Lights DO blink on/off/on BECAUSE they engineered it that way, so that shorts occur less!
     My promlem was that I had more than 1 powered track comming into the TT. All these powered tracks need isolation from contacting the bridge. (Even if polarized correctly, as they NEED to be.)
     I will, of course, not use tape. I will just insert isolating rail joiners to powered tracks. EXCEPT at #4 index, as it NEEDS to get bridge voltage from there. There is NO SHORTS while rotating...Even #4, as they accounted for this in design. (DO NOT isolate #4!)
     The only problem remaining is the on/off/on rail power while approaching certain indexes. I sure understand the need, but perhaps this "outage time" can be made VERY short and perhaps not even notice them.

Thank You Again Jim, a real Banner guy!
kpsdjs
Kelly