Old style Henry quick mod/change.

Started by jayme, August 02, 2013, 04:55:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jayme

I was doing some thinking on how to make an old style (pre flying kipper) Henry with the fire box that is almost the same as Gordon's. Well anyone can make this possible with some cutting, gluing, sanding and painting. As a pretty good modeler this wouldn't be to hard for me, or any modeler with some good basics under there belt. But I stumbled onto bachmann's parts page and saw that you can buy Gordons frame without his cab, as a replacement piece. So for a fast "old style Henry" you can just switch the body out for Gordons. Keeping Henrys cab, face, and buffers (to replace Gordons oval shaped ones)  Yes, this is a fast way to cut corners and save time to prevent cutting, sanding, gluing, and painting. But if I do try this myself I mite paint him blue for an old school look. This was just a fun idea I would share. If some one does attempt this pls post a picture. thx 8) 

shining time

hey welcome to the board

as far as your henry idea its is a good one but here is a link to some one who did a kitbashed on with henrys original boiler it was done some time ago hope it my help

http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/board/index.php/topic,6707.0.html
long live the GWR, LNER, and the narrow gauge railways

jayme