News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Bachmann #4459 is a GS5

Started by Steam Freak, July 06, 2007, 06:18:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steam Freak

There are some things I would like to point out to Bachmann.  Post-War #4459 is actually a GS5, not a GS4 like it has been labeled, and #4464 is a GS6, which has also been labeled a GS4. GS6's had 73" drivers, and only one headlight.

Does Bachmann plan to fix these errors to make it the way it should be?

Atlantic Central

Steam Freak,

The only visual distintion between a GS-4 and a GS-5 is the roller bearing caps on the tender trucks and trailing truck. I would not hold my breath waiting for Bachmann to correct that, but it would be relatively easy requiring only two new parts.

As for the GS-6 thing, you can go to Las Vegas and bet the house they are not retooling for that either.

But you are correct on that being a completely different loco. Different frame length and driver size.

Sheldon

Steam Freak

You said turning a GS4 into a GS5 only requires two parts? What are the parts? That way my friend can modify it.

SteamGene

Read what Sheldon wrote you - the correct tender trucks and trailing truck.  Two parts.  Or, I guess, you can modify the trucks on the model so they look like they have roller bearings.
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

Dr EMD

A recent article in a model railroad magazine tells how to convert a GS-4 to a GS-X.
Electro-Motive Historical Research
(Never employed by EMD at any time)