News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

MY Donald OR Douglas Project!

Started by Jock The New Engine, July 06, 2007, 08:29:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jock The New Engine

I'm thinking on making Donald or Douglas out of some old parts from my old trains!  I would like some advice on what to use as a base and for a 3D face!
Jock is my favorite engine now, and in my Thomas world, he works on the Skarloey Railway with Frank, Skarloey, Rheneas, etc. since he & Frank are the only Small Railway engines ever made in Ertl diecast.

Frog Pulling Team

Well I don't know if this will help but why not rob the faces off the wooden railway Donald and Douglas.  Or maby try try thr take along thomas ones not to sure about those though. :(

Jock The New Engine

I think I will go with the wooden railway face, thanks! ;D  But i'm still wondering what to use as a base though. :-\  Can anybody help me decide what to use as a base? ???  By the way, i'm sorry to say this but, i'm getting a Hornby Oliver as an early birthday present. :-[  I just needed an Oliver to go with S.C.Ruffy soooooo bad! :-[  Sorry Bachmann. :-[
Jock is my favorite engine now, and in my Thomas world, he works on the Skarloey Railway with Frank, Skarloey, Rheneas, etc. since he & Frank are the only Small Railway engines ever made in Ertl diecast.

The Chaz Storm

I wouldn't worry to much about it, I have 10 models by Hornby and I'm not worried at all ;)

Good luck with Donald or Douglas :)

Thomas

you could go to www.hornby.com a buy the 0-6-0 that has donalds & douglas' figure :D  hope this helps  ;)

Anthony P

u could try to see if hornby has the same color engines.  :)
P.S. i thoght england didn't ship hornby to america  ???because i tryed to get thomas trains because i have a hornby thomas coach when i was 5 then the next year my mom called hornby and they said they didn't ship here any more.  >:( Or do u live in england? ???

Frog Pulling Team

???
Strange I bought a milk tanker for the Thomas range of Hornby at my local hobby center in Dubois.  wonder if Hornby still ships to US or that tanker was in the Hobby shop for a long time.
??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Thomas

Quote from: Anthony P on July 07, 2007, 09:14:34 PM
u could try to see if hornby has the same color engines.  :)
P.S. i thoght england didn't ship hornby to america  ???because i tryed to get thomas trains because i have a hornby thomas coach when i was 5 then the next year my mom called hornby and they said they didn't ship here any more.  >:( Or do u live in england? ???
we don't live in england but thats a good question  ;) last year i was gonna get a hornby thomas passenger set   i think it said they could ship it to the us  ???

thomas   8)
age 10

Michael

Quote from: eddierools on July 07, 2007, 08:25:54 AM
I think I will go with the wooden railway face, thanks! ;D  But i'm still wondering what to use as a base though. :-\  Can anybody help me decide what to use as a base? ???  By the way, i'm sorry to say this but, i'm getting a Hornby Oliver as an early birthday present. :-[  I just needed an Oliver to go with S.C.Ruffy soooooo bad! :-[  Sorry Bachmann. :-[
It's ok.  I have Oliver.  He looks wonderful with the ALSO WONDERFUL Bachmann engines.   ;D    A good Donald and Douglas face could be sculped from clay, but it would take time a dilijance.  (if thats how you spell it  :P )

Rickenbacker 325

Quote from: Thomas on July 07, 2007, 04:29:59 PM
you could go to www.hornby.com a buy the 0-6-0 that has donalds & douglas' figure :D  hope this helps  ;)

post a pic please :o

Frog Pulling Team

Thomas

Quote from: trainboy on July 16, 2007, 02:43:37 PM
Quote from: Thomas on July 07, 2007, 04:29:59 PM

post a pic please :o

i dont know how

Jock The New Engine

I did not start the project yet.  I still need alot of money so i could buy everything i need first.

Thomas

chaz told me how to post pics  :D thanks by the way  ;) i tried to post a pic but it  wont show up  :'( poo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   :P