News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Track?

Started by nitro23, September 01, 2011, 08:43:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nitro23

In your opinion. What is the best track to use. Ive seen stuff that is sliver, bass, ez track, just about everything. Whats the easiest to build with.

SodorAdventures

Easiest: EZ track.
Nicest: Atlas code 83.   ;)
Are you ready for Dover Valley's Facelift?

Visit our official site for more info:
                    http://www.sodoradventuresonline.com

BillingsRR

I'd say EZ Track because it is the most kid-friendly, and is also included in all of the Bachmann Thomas & Friends set.

nitro23

Ok what the diff. in the grey and black? Is one better and way?

branmas

I don't know which is better, but I go for black.

metal4life

i enjoy using the nickel-silver track with the grey roadbed.
doesn't get as dirty as quickly as the black, and the conductivity is much more prevalent.

jward

go for the grey. it has nickle silver rail which is easier to keep clean and to solder to.

the black roadbed has steel rail which is harder to keep clean, can and does rust, and is difficult to solder to.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

branmas

Well I better change! :D

Jhanecker2

The grey ( nickel - silver ) track also has more different types of track that allows for more choices in making layouts .  Although any  Code 100 track will work with  EZ track just fine, it takes more work to get them together. John  II

jward

one thing i always tell people about n-s vs steel or brass rail is that n scale trains use nickle silver exclusively, since at least the early 1970s, a time when ns was hard to find in HO. why? n scale locomotives are extremely sensitive to dirty track. they don't have alot of weight and their contact points on the rail are much smaller.

if n scale is using this rail for better contact, the same would also hold true for any scale.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA