News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Walthers paints

Started by SteamGene, July 06, 2007, 05:22:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SteamGene

Does anybody know what gray paints Walthers uses on its prebuilt railroad buildings? I have to paint over the station sign for one as the one on the model is longer than "Leesboro" would be and I have to match a kit with another built up. 
BTW, has anybody ever seen a station sign with "depot" in the name?  All the station signs I know are "Shady Branch," not "Shady Branch Depot."
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

SteamGene

Painting wasn't necessary.  I doused the signs with Walther's decal setting solution and then scrapped the signs off with the scimitar looking blade of a "hobby knife."  I'll use a craft dark gray for the trim on the station kit.  It should be close and the story will be it was built either before or after the other station that looks like it.
Gene
Chief Brass Hat

duker1

Hey,
  I Googled train depots and got a list of several. First one I went to was texasescapes and they have several listed.

Duke....

SteamGene

Thanks, Duke.
I'm looking for paint color, not stations.  I have all I need and then one, IIRC.  There will be a depot at Bradyton, Leesboro, and Hannahville.  The Leesboro station will be a Class II and the other two Class III.  Fortunately, Walthers is consistent with its already built, but I need to make the Hannahville station close in color to the other two. 
Gene
Chief Brass Hat