News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Just found a BNIB Heisler...

Started by tac, September 05, 2011, 01:42:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tac

I walked into the large-scale train show here in Llanfair Caereinion [mid-Wales] and right in front of me was a BNIB never opened Heisler for sale.  The vendor had bought it about five or six years back and life got in the way....

We took it out and checked it over - looked just fine, so I bought.  Got it home, up-ended the box and lubed it up before running, then ran it very gently on rollers for couple of hours in each direction.

It's now running around my little track hauling half a dozen skeleton cars, and looking really good.   

My question is - are there any issues with this loco that have come to light over the years since it came out, and was finally sold out?  I intend to fit sound to it, and run it with an RCS system.

TIA

tac
www.ovgrs.org 

Mike M

Tac I own two of them one I just got and one I had since first released. Both were bought brand new and have runned fine right out of the box. I have had no problems with either of them the older of the two has sound.
Mike

tac

Thanks, Mike.  I've just found the review by Dave Goodson as well as the pages from George Schreyer - VERY useful stuff to know.

I'll just keep my paws crossed with mine, and take care of it the way I do with all my Bachmann geared locos.

Take care!

tac
www.ovgrs.org