News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

White Pass & Yukon #40, #69 and #73.

Started by justintexan, September 04, 2011, 10:11:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

justintexan

Dear Bach-Mann, The White Pass & Yukon has set some incredible ridership records for a modern, "narrow-guage" railroad. Wouldn't it stand to reason that if the people who have money, travel halfway around the world to ride such a beautiful railway (with a variety of "narrow-guage" equipment, from passenger cars that were built in the 1880's, to modern, "wide-nosed" diesel-electrics) would buy a miniature version to put underneath their Christmas tree, kids room or yard..? Bachmann Trains is passing on a goldmine, every year they fail to capitolize on this valuable market segment. Bachmann Trains produce models of so many different (and obscure) roads, and locomotives that end up in magazine blowout ad's, and ebaY auctions, why not produce your beautiful Fn3 (Large) models of the WP&Y, and give chiildren, and the children inside us all, the opportunity to model a modern, popular and beautiful railroad, that would offer an amazing variety of options, for the Bach-Men (including Bach-WoMen) to build and sell..?

Dave

They do produce WP&Y Trains. I have some here in good ole New Zealand.

Dave

charon

Dave is absolutely correct.  Bachmann has produced WP&Y locomotives, passenger cars and freight cars.
As far as WP&Y popularity, I have a like new, in the original box, LGB 2055 WP&Y Alco diesel locomotive on Ebay right now and cant even get a starting bid for $199!!!
Chuck
Mesquite Short Line

on30gn15

Quote from: justintexan on September 04, 2011, 10:11:33 PMWouldn't it stand to reason that if ...
Riders and modelers are often rather different breeds of cat.
When all esle fials, go run trains
Screw the Rivets, I'm building for Atmosphere!
later, Forrest

Dave

If your Loco was on " Trade Me" here in NZ Chuck,it would probably sell for $350 - $400NZD, about US$320+.  An old broken "Big Hauler" 4-6-0 with lotsa parts missing and no Tender Trucks went for. wait for it! NZ$153. last week.
     If your Diesel has LGB Sound it would get a really good price here. G Scale stuff is hard to get here so its a Seller's Market for sure.

Cheers

Dave

Kevin Strong

Clarification; Bachmann produces trains lettered for the White Pass & Yukon. They do not produce models of actual WP&Y equipment. There, too, lies a difference.

The shovel-nose diesels would be really cool to see in 1:20.3. There's a guy who made some excellent brass models of them in 1:22.5, and they're just sharp. (Can I say that about a dismal?) The wide-nose diesels would literally dwarf pretty much everything else on the market, including a K-37! I'd love to see a model of one, but I don't see one being commercially viable.

The mikados and other WP steam locos, on the other hand, would certainly make pretty good fodder for future production. They had a nice mix of equipment running up there. Certainly something to think about...

Though I'd still want an EBT mike first. Yeah, I finally got my Accucraft one after 4+ years, but I'd love a cheaper, plastic one as well. How about nos 16 - 18? That way we'd have the Accucraft #12, Rich Yoder's #14/#15, and Bachmann's nos. 16 - 18. All three classes of EBT mikes! Yeah, I know I'm getting ahead of myself.

Later,

K

tac

I've got the Aster for LGB mike #73.  Sadly it is in the not-quite-right scale of 1/22.5, but it looks OK with a string of Bachmann cars, even though THEY are way too short as well.

Putting it beside an AccuCraft K27/8 really shows the difference between Fn3 and so-called 'G-scale'.

tac
www.ovgrs.org