News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

1:22 pulpwood cars

Started by Wade Colyer, July 06, 2007, 10:36:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wade Colyer

Hi Bach Man:

Any chance of some pulpwood cars in 1:22 in the future?

Wade

the Bach-man

Dear Wade,
I'll pass along the request.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

tac

Quote from: Wade Colyer on July 06, 2007, 10:36:11 PM
Hi Bach Man:

Any chance of some pulpwood cars in 1:22 in the future?

Wade

Evenin' Wade.  Confunglement over here in the old-fashioned behind the times Yoorupean continent.

Y'see, Bachmann makes large scale stuff in 1:20.3 [and v fine it is too], and has been known to make earlier stuff in 1:24th, but 1:22 would be another scale that Bachmann does not actually make...unless you actually mean 1:22.5.

Which Bachmann, seriously committed to 1:20.3 these days, does not actually admit to making in any case....

[scritch of head...] ???

tac
www.ovgrs.org

Wade Colyer

Hi TAC:

Yes, I know it's 1:22.5. I was just too lazy to type it. I have just about every item bachmann has made in 1:22.5 since 1989. I model in 1:24 scale because the local logging railroads were 42" gauge and gauge 1 scales out to that. With an indoor layout, it saves some space and while the 1:20.3 is very nice, I need the smaller size which is still very popular. The detail is fantastic on the 1:20.3 cars but I'm not into fine scale and the Bachmann, LGB, USA trains and Delton items suit me . There is still a lot of sales for the 1:22.3 out there and there hasn't been many new offerings as more intrest is going to the 1:20.3 and On30 items. The pulpwood cars and the ventilated box cars whoud be easy item to produce with very little new tooling since Bachmann is investing a lot of money in the molds for those other items.

Wade