News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Day of the diesels reviews

Started by ClearwtaerMK2, September 10, 2011, 10:16:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ClearwtaerMK2

Yesterday I bought the DVD at target & I watched it here are the pros & cons.
-Pros-
*Less rhyming
*Percy is the main star While thomas is the supporting star
*CGI welsworth
*Diesel 10 being the villain
*Stanleys USA voice

-Cons-
*No explanation of the fire
*The diesels playing around in the steam works
*Percy being stupid(Like everyone else) rather than accident prone
*Sidney apearing in three shots
*The diesel works not being off limits while it's abandonned
*No scene with Diesel 10 cleaning the mess he made at the steamworks along with kevin bossing him around(Acording to the golden book)
*Stanley appearing for about 20 seconds
*No use of other diesels
*Sir topham hatt claiming that "None of my engines is ever forgotten" when obviously a lot of engines ARE forgotten
*Worst of all..NO SUSPENSE!!!

-Overall:This movie is not as good as I expect it to be nor as bad.
Luckily I did a re-write months before the release right here:http://clearwatermk2.deviantart.com/#/d3nchqr I'll do a 2nd draft if you like. ;D Right then...Stay clear everybody!

thomasj219

The fire was explained. It was caused when Diesel 10 clenched Pinchy when he was angry at Percy. It says in the narration "Sparks Flew" and then there is a close up pf embers burning because of it. The movies was not as bad as I expected however, cant wait until the new writing style in Season 17!. ;D
All I want is, Stepney, Boco, Harvey.

jettrainfan

not what I was expecting. Movie really wasn't that good. Seeemed to be no suspense, but the best character was happy hook in my opinion, HANDS DOWN!  ;D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZL7jR1cRb4             

This is how i got my name and i hope that you guys like it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/jettrainfan?feature=mhw4
youtube account

Very wise Duke

I liked the movie the only saving grace was Diesel 10 being a villian
I want Duck, Oliver, Toad, BoCo, Daisy, Diesel 10, Lady, Splodge, Arry, Bert, Stepney, Rosie and the list goes on and on!

ClearwtaerMK2

Quote from: thomasj219 on September 10, 2011, 04:01:07 PM
The fire was explained. It was caused when Diesel 10 clenched Pinchy when he was angry at Percy. It says in the narration "Sparks Flew" and then there is a close up pf embers burning because of it. The movies was not as bad as I expected however, cant wait until the new writing style in Season 17!. ;D
I ment the fire at the begining. >:(

Cheeky_ULP

Quote from: PasqualeCS96 on September 10, 2011, 04:32:49 PM
I just watched it, what STH said about none of the engines being forgotten made me kinda peeved. Maybe there is a delted scene with Duck, D&D, B&B, Olliver and Stepeny...oh wait they dont exist anymore in HiT land.
Season 12 would like a word with you.

BillingsRR

The Dieselworks was never abandoned, it was just run down.

TheJJ

In my opinion I'd give the movie a...B+
WHY?
   It did hit the main idea of having a Day that the Diesels took over. They took over the SteamWorks and got there message heard. It goes quite deeper if you think about it. Maybe Sydney was put there to see if anyone would notice, maybe Diesel 10 purposely used because he was "Silly" (or should I say quite simply idiotic) (And he was willing to anything for a friend), MAYBE I'm giving HiT tooo much credit. Anyway even though I still feel Flynn would have been a better road character, thats not the point, the plot was excellent...the way it was written could have been tweaked...and they could have used Stanley, Charlie, and Emily more...OORR...throw in Stepney, Oliver, or Duck in for a cameo....I had my standard's set low on the movie and it did pass my expectations...HOPEFULLY the movie in 2014 can get an A+ but until then I found the movie enjoyable and unlike CleanWtaerMK2 it did have suspense...
Final Verdict: (changed to): B-

Anthony P2

I think this was the best CGI special. it was awesome because the movie revolved around Percy! finally a special that doesn't revolve around the blue twerp. AND the dialogue! dialogue was the best, like how Dart talks ex: "That's a joke.... (laughs) i like jokes" "I am bashed and battered! I've asked...... and i've asked.... we need a new crane, instead of ol' 'appy 'ook, 'ere" and how we hear workman talking in the background ex: "we need more water!" "look, there's the new fire engine!" i thought it was great up till STH arrived at the Steamworks. when i first heard about the story line i thought "cool fire, thomas is taken hostage, and diesels take over the Steamworks" but why would the diesels take over the Steamworks? so the steam engines won't get fixed, and the diesels take over the whole North Western Railway and destroy all awesomeness of the island of sodor and life as we know it? no, the diesels just want a new Dieselworks.  :P  putting all diferences aside reminds me of another movie *cough* *Calling All Engines* *cough* *cough* beside all the flaws it really made up for such awesome camera shots thanks to Greg Tiernan! i give it a 10/10 i have to say it was a special, special.  :P

PasqualeCS96

Quote from: Sparks on September 10, 2011, 05:50:18 PM
I just watched it, what STH said about none of the engines being forgotten made me kinda peeved. Maybe there is a delted scene with Duck, D&D, B&B, Olliver and Stepeny...oh wait they dont exist anymore in HiT land.
On a sidenote, Duck was really the only engine who appeard. D&D,B&B, Oliver and stepeny only appeared like once. I will say the only funny part of DOTD was when the doors kept closing on Diesel 10 and him going ohh after it. :P

Cheeky_ULP

Quote from: PasqualeCS96 on September 11, 2011, 04:19:02 PM
Quote from: Sparks on September 10, 2011, 05:50:18 PM
On a sidenote, Duck was really the only engine who appeard. D&D,B&B, Oliver and stepeny only appeared like once.
An appearance is an appearance.

Cupix the Azelf

I disagree with some of your pros and cons...

How is Rhyming a bad thing? I know it sort of isn't Thomas but still they can be fun at times.
The fire explanation doesn't really matter.
Percy and the others being stupid? They be who they be. >:(

HiT does what they want with Thomas, sure I miss some old Thomas moments but I'm still fine with what HiT does... who knows, maybe Britt Allcroft might come back sometime and maybe the Season 16's 2nd half and Season 17's writing could be more pleasing than the previous writing.
Thomas + Bachmann = the True Thomas Experience.

thomasj219

The rhyming is just silly, and good stories have explanations.
All I want is, Stepney, Boco, Harvey.

Cupix the Azelf

Quote from: thomasj219 on September 13, 2011, 06:13:39 PM
The rhyming is just silly, and good stories have explanations.

Tell that to some episodes of Garfield & Friends.
I seen many good stories with no explanations and they didn't get slammed by reviewers. :P
Thomas + Bachmann = the True Thomas Experience.

branmas

I havn't got to see it yet, but I'll be able to soon!