Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Day of the diesels reviews

Started by ClearwtaerMK2, September 10, 2011, 10:16:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

branmas

Quote from: SodorAdventures on September 28, 2011, 10:54:20 PM
Quote from: thomasj219 on September 28, 2011, 06:11:59 PM
I didn't love it, but compared to the trash that was Misty Island Rescue it was better.

Really, trash? I didn't hate MIR. I actually kinda enjoyed it. What didn't you like about MIR?
Yeah. It's not bad!

thomasj219

It's really bad.
All I want is, Stepney, Boco, Harvey.

branmas

Yeah. I know that's your Opinion, but yeah, that's yours, not mine( Dunno why I'm saying this :P).

thomasj219

SodorAdventures

Quote from: thomasj219 on September 29, 2011, 12:01:58 AM
It's really bad.

Not really!

Its good beause:

1. It had a well organized plot.
2. Less boring, "I already know this", time spent.
3. It had less personality of STH in it. (Some may like that, others may not.)
4. It had less goofs.

Why didnt you like it?
Are you ready for Dover Valley's Facelift?

Visit our official site for more info:
                    http://www.sodoradventuresonline.com

thomasj219

Although I agree with number 3, Well organized plot it definitely did not have, because of this the plot repeated and became boring and what do you mean exactly by goofs?

Cheeky_ULP

I don't really think DotD is a great movie.

I have a right to my opinion. :|

thomasj219

SodorAdventures

Quote from: thomasj219 on October 01, 2011, 10:38:46 PM
Although I agree with number 3, Well organized plot it definitely did not have, because of this the plot repeated and became boring and what do you mean exactly by goofs?

The plot was the same, but guys, lets not forget the show is made for comprehension for small children. Otherwise, I did like it. I definitely DID NOT love it, but it was decent. Oh, and by goofs, I meant like the list you see on T&F wikia.

Quote from: Sparks on October 01, 2011, 11:06:22 PM
I don't really think DotD is a great movie.

I have a right to my opinion. :|

Granted, And I am not going to try and change it! I am just putting my opinion out there.

Quote from: PasqualeCS96 on October 02, 2011, 07:30:59 AM
To reitterate....
Quote from: thomasj219 on September 29, 2011, 12:05:52 AM
THIS is Thomas, in case anyones forgotten.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OY54QE5CQUI

Yes, but if you guys cant just roll with the changes, you'll never like anything!
Are you ready for Dover Valley's Facelift?

Visit our official site for more info:
                    http://www.sodoradventuresonline.com

thomasj219

Not true I embrace change when it's for the best and that was not. And lets not forget Wrong Road and other early Thomas episodes were made for small children too, and they had no trouble understanding it, I for one had and still have a better vocabulary than anyone in my class because of Thomas. We like what is good and has merit, and when you take something that was extremely good and ruin it, I do not "roll with" that.

BillingsRR

I guess saying that HiT's rubbish is made so modern children can comprehend it is just like saying modern children are too stupid to undertand older episodes like Wrong Road. That's how I see it at least.

thomasj219

Exactly, they are embracing mediocrity. When I have kids they will be watching Seasons 1-7 of Thomas and and maybe 8-12... but maybe.

Cheeky_ULP

I honestly think this is a matter of the show having declining quality in the last few years, not just things changing. To me, Hero of the Rails remains not just HiTs, but any Thomas specials highest quality story overall.

I think the issue lately has been HiT prioritizes on having at least one Season every year, which leads to a cramped and rushed production scheduel. The CGI seasons by chance have been the worst because since 2009 they've been cramming an 80 episode (and 4 specials?) commission. The older seasons were spread apart  and given longer development time, so the episodes ended up being higher quality, as everything was polished out (it took 14 years to reach Season 5, and then production was sped up to where we got from Season 6 to 15 within 9 years!).

Short version: If HiT spent more development time on each season, the quality of each season would likely to increase. Right now though, they prioritize quantity over quality.

thomasj219

Also agree, if they spend more time on seasons hopefully the writing improves. Doesn't someone have to approve these scripts, if so don't they realize they are reading the same story over and over...and over. Why are they getting made, maybe the writers do have better ideas but they are declined in favor of these stories to appease the parents who love "The Lessons" they teach. More wholesome and not so shoved down your throat lessons were learned in the first 7 seasons. The first 5 especially.