News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Day of the diesels reviews

Started by ClearwtaerMK2, September 10, 2011, 10:16:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SodorAdventures

Quote from: thomasj219 on October 02, 2011, 01:27:37 PM
Not true I embrace change when it's for the best and that was not. And lets not forget Wrong Road and other early Thomas episodes were made for small children too, and they had no trouble understanding it, I for one had and still have a better vocabulary than anyone in my class because of Thomas. We like what is good and has merit, and when you take something that was extremely good and ruin it, I do not "roll with" that.

Unfourtunetly you MUST rol with that. It's a proven fact children of today are less smart, and hit must build their stories around that, and not change it altogether.

Quote from: Sparks on October 02, 2011, 02:34:50 PM
I honestly think this is a matter of the show having declining quality in the last few years, not just things changing. To me, Hero of the Rails remains not just HiTs, but any Thomas specials highest quality story overall.

I think the issue lately has been HiT prioritizes on having at least one Season every year, which leads to a cramped and rushed production scheduel. The CGI seasons by chance have been the worst because since 2009 they've been cramming an 80 episode (and 4 specials?) commission. The older seasons were spread apart  and given longer development time, so the episodes ended up being higher quality, as everything was polished out (it took 14 years to reach Season 5, and then production was sped up to where we got from Season 6 to 15 within 9 years!).

Short version: If HiT spent more development time on each season, the quality of each season would likely to increase. Right now though, they prioritize quantity over quality.
Ding Ding Ding; we have a winner.

Most companies such as Thomas and Friends, will make ALOT, and. If people are clueless to the less quality, and 95% are clueless of poor quality, ( us being the other 5%), they will just buy it anyways, and TandF wins. Its a tough world out there, and that's the conditions
Are you ready for Dover Valley's Facelift?

Visit our official site for more info:
                    http://www.sodoradventuresonline.com

thomasj219

I'm afraid that is false. The reason that children of previous years were smarter is because they had more challenging material. If someone never has to try and learn they will never have the desire, this is where the parent actinides and HiT have it wrong. And no I don't have to roll with that. Fight to make the world smarter don't just give in to mediocrity, in Thomas' case...it's worse, years ago it was such a fun educational show. Now we have the same story over and over... And the winter holidays. It's all so sad and what's even sadder is no one sees it, or more likely...no one cares. So I will always speak out and try to fix not just Thomas but all I can.
All I want is, Stepney, Boco, Harvey.

SodorAdventures

Quote from: thomasj219 on October 02, 2011, 09:56:13 PM
I'm afraid that is false. The reason that children of previous years were smarter is because they had more challenging material. If someone never has to try and learn they will never have the desire, this is where the parent actinides and HiT have it wrong. And no I don't have to roll with that. Fight to make the world smarter don't just give in to mediocrity, in Thomas' case...it's worse, years ago it was such a fun educational show. Now we have the same story over and over... And the winter holidays. It's all so sad and what's even sadder is no one sees it, or more likely...no one cares. So I will always speak out and try to fix not just Thomas but all I can.

Yes, that is very true, but that is NOT what I said. Other factors have led to less smart children of the modern era, but Thomas and friends just is rolling with the changes themselves. By lowering the required attentuo spam of the shows. Am I happy, no not to happy, am I understanding of hits logic, of course! Especially in harsh times, if just being a follow will roll enough dough, then thts how it goes, and I hate to burst your bubble, but hit really doesn't care about the Thomas critics. The children and parents are who they use. I do wish they used us, but they really don't need to, and they really dont care. Sorry!

thomasj219

Sorry to burst your bubble, but HiT isn't rolling with any punches they did not alter Thomas for the benigit of dumb kids or anything like that. They are doing the easy things to make money, what made the series great was that it took 14 years to get to five seasons money wasn't the MAIN objective Thomas was, that has changed now, and what I said was they are listening to parent groups and such. They don't care about Thomas or maybe I should say they didn't, with Greg Tierman as director and a new writing style on the way Thomas may be back soon.

Cheeky_ULP

If they didn't listen to critics of Thomas, then they wouldn't be responding to this:
www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2044223/Thomas-Tank-Engine-Christmas-episode-accused-politically-correct.html?ito=feeds-newsxml
To add, I think a lot of the Season 12 cameos were the way they were due to what the older fans want (Duck and Emily in the same scene? Seems intentional to me!). HiT has also personally invited fans to their premieres in the past, and keeps close with SIF as VIPs on their forum. I doubt HiT would have told Bachmann to make Bill, Ben, Donald and Douglas if us older fans weren't demanding them. To say HiT isn't at least listening to us is just silly.

It's hard to take and apply criticism when they have 4 years to make 4 seasons, and 4 specials!

thomasj219

Exactly the fans always have a voice, use it.

branmas

I feel stupid now. I've started 2 Debates ( Or whatever they are :P) that feel like arguments. I hate this and feel strange. :( :-[

SodorAdventures

Quote from: thomasj219 on October 03, 2011, 03:01:52 AM
Exactly the fans always have a voice, use it.

No they don't!!!!!! Hit did it for money! It just helps that those were the ones that we want. But, we still don't have duck. The cameos were luck too. The only reason they responded to daily ail was because they just should, it's the daily mail, it's more important, and well, Sif, he is very pushy. But they don't want US fans telling them, and they have their own advisors for a reason! So I hate to burst your bubble. Please don't be nieve. The world is not as happy of a place as it was years ago.

thomasj219

You are calling me niave...well ok let's get this straight you think fans US fans especially have no voice and our persistent badgerings had nothing to do with the reappearance of Duck, Doland, Douglas, Oliver, Toad, and Stepney in the 12th Season when some had not been seen for as many as five seasons before. You also feel that our wish lists had nothing to do with the realease of Bill, Ben, Donald, Douglas, and other classic characters. I will not say that they were what made them be released but they were a powerful factor.

You are right HiT is all about making money that is why they listen to what the fans want. Even the older fans because think about it, if you were to introduce a character like Charlie into the BACHMANN Range how many older Thomas fans would buy him. Not many and we are a larger community than you think, we would take away a lot of profits for that reason and because the trains are much more expensive, older fans are a huge part of the BACHMANN Thomas market. However if you introduce a classic character, like Duck older fans are sure to buy him as would the pre school crowd because they will buy anything Thomas. Therefore you get BOTH markets rather than just one and with trains that are 50 and up it really counts. Sparks and I have given evidence on this matter on sevral occasolns and I have tried my best to spell it out for you here. So sorry to burst your bubble , but I think you are the one who is naive.

Sincerely,
John (thomasj219)

P.S Please think hard before you respond and don't just rehash old failed arguments.

Cheeky_ULP

They can "do it for the money" and listen to the fans at the same time. Are they applying the criticism they hear from us though?

I'll echo a familiar recent quote; "these things take time; you will see that some things are well worth waiting for."

SodorAdventures

Quote from: thomasj219 on October 03, 2011, 11:23:11 AM
You are calling me niave...well ok let's get this straight you think fans US fans especially have no voice and our persistent badgerings had nothing to do with the reappearance of Duck, Doland, Douglas, Oliver, Toad, and Stepney in the 12th Season when some had not been seen for as many as five seasons before. You also feel that our wish lists had nothing to do with the realease of Bill, Ben, Donald, Douglas, and other classic characters. I will not say that they were what made them be released but they were a powerful factor.

You are right HiT is all about making money that is why they listen to what the fans want. Even the older fans because think about it, if you were to introduce a character like Charlie into the BACHMANN Range how many older Thomas fans would buy him. Not many and we are a larger community than you think, we would take away a lot of profits for that reason and because the trains are much more expensive, older fans are a huge part of the BACHMANN Thomas market. However if you introduce a classic character, like Duck older fans are sure to buy him as would the pre school crowd because they will buy anything Thomas. Therefore you get BOTH markets rather than just one and with trains that are 50 and up it really counts. Sparks and I have given evidence on this matter on sevral occasolns and I have tried my best to spell it out for you here. So sorry to burst your bubble , but I think you are the one who is naive.

Sincerely,
John (thomasj219)

P.S Please think hard before you respond and don't just rehash old failed arguments.
   Thanks for the Tip, I never needed it, but I will make sure to remember  >:(

Unfortunately, you are naive. THe person who is naive is very strong to believing they are not, but in fact, you are. The world is not lollipops and gum drops, there is more to it. Such as greed. Something so powerful, it causes people to risk spending the rest of their life in jail. An example: Bernie Madeoff. Just look at him!

Now I KNOW this is not the case for Thomas and Friends, but do you really think that they would do the things you ask, if it wasn't their idea in the first place. Now listen to me, if they truly cared! They would have told us their awnsers, and even if they said no, they still cared about our opinions! But, NO, that is not the case. Look at the money they roll in, do you think they need US to tell them what to do. Now, I am not trying to stop you from getting your opinion heard, but truly, that would be very difficult to do. And if you truly do not like the Thomas of Today, then go back the Thomas of the Past. Bu dont get me wrong, you shouldnt feel discourged from this, just act with a little more knowledge.

Now you said our wishes were a powerful factor. Granted, maybe they looked through here, and browsed the topic, and that might have been one of their plus', but its not even close to powerful. Listen, you may think there are many of "US" but we make up, most likely .5 to 1 % of all the fans of Thomas and Friends. 99% is small children. And you dont need to be a rocket scientist to figure that out. And ALSO, the reason why they dont mess with Duck anymore is because if they can get 8 NEW engines out, then even if at least 45% of the fans buy it, then thats very good. Look, I dont want to be mean, but thats the world, and its also statistics.

Hear me Through.                                       -Sodoradventures

branmas

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o I CAN'T TAKE THIS ANYMORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >:( >:( >:( >:( I DID NOT MEAN TO START THESE DEBATES OR WHATEVER BUT I DON'T WANT THEM!!!!!!!!!!! :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( THIS IS GETTING INSANE!!!!!!! PLEASE STOP!!!!!!!!!! >:( :( >:( :( >:( :( >:( :(

thomasj219

Quote from: SodorAdventures on October 03, 2011, 04:00:14 PM
Unfortunately, you are naive. THe person who is naive is very strong to believing they are not, but in fact, you are. The world is not lollipops and gum drops, there is more to it. Such as greed. Something so powerful, it causes people to risk spending the rest of their life in jail. An example: Bernie Madeoff. Just look at him!

I am not naive, I am a critical thinker and an educated adult. I look at a counter argument weigh it's value and then decide wether adopt or discard it as I have with most of yours. You act like you know more than you do and just continue to insist you are right no matter how much evidence you are given to the contrary. And how am I saying the world is "Lollipops and Gumdrops" no one knows better than I that the world is a scary place. I am talking about a companies monetary methods so again this is a rubbish statement.

Now I KNOW this is not the case for Thomas and Friends, but do you really think that they would do the things you ask, if it wasn't their idea in the first place. Now listen to me, if they truly cared! They would have told us their awnsers, and even if they said no, they still cared about our opinions! But, NO, that is not the case. Look at the money they roll in, do you think they need US to tell them what to do. Now, I am not trying to stop you from getting your opinion heard, but truly, that would be very difficult to do. And if you truly do not like the Thomas of Today, then go back the Thomas of the Past. Bu dont get me wrong, you shouldnt feel discouraged from this, just act with a little more knowledge.

That did not really make sense but what I got from it is that you want someone from HiT to personally answer all of our questions. Do you really expect a major company to do that? That is just silly, but make no mistake they are looking. You should act with a little more knowledge because you truly have NO IDEA what you are talking about.

Now you said our wishes were a powerful factor. Granted, maybe they looked through here, and browsed the topic, and that might have been one of their plus', but its not even close to powerful. Listen, you may think there are many of "US" but we make up, most likely .5 to 1 % of all the fans of Thomas and Friends. 99% is small children. And you dont need to be a rocket scientist to figure that out. And ALSO, the reason why they dont mess with Duck anymore is because if they can get 8 NEW engines out, then even if at least 45% of the fans buy it, then thats very good. Look, I dont want to be mean, but thats the world, and its also statistics.

Hear me Through.                                       -Sodoradventures

This is likely the most baseless, false argument I have ever heard. I would love to know where you get you're statistics from but if you are estimating once again you are DEAD WRONG. While a lot of Thomas fans are in pre school it is no where near 99% of the market. A child is in pre-school age from 2-5 which is only four years. Yes more children are born but HiT's money really comes from THE PARENTS WHO DO NOT BUY ELECTRIC TRAINS UNTIL THEIR CHILD REACHES THE AGE WHERE THEY CAN TAKE CARE OF THEM. Which is not pre school age. You do not understand economics at all, a company is not going to market a brand like Thomas just to pre schoolers, because it is a small market, doesn't last long and not all pre schoolers like Thomas. They want to create a character that will last through the years to give the profit through the years, which is what has always been done with Thomas, why do you think we are still interested in Thomas. That is precisely the reason why Thomas markets like BACHMANN, LIONEL, and HORNBY exist. Do you really think parents are buying these for their pre schoolers, no. Sure there are a few young children who have a LIONEL, or a BACHMANN Thomas I for one had a G Scale Thomas from LIONEL when I was 4 but G Scale trains are intended for smaller hands. The majority of people who own these HO trains are 8 and up which is what it says on the package. HORNBY made buildings out of resin specifically for Adult Collectors for gods sake. So HiT makes A LOT of their money from collectors and to say they don't is ridiculous.  with the new WWII movie they are making yet another lie of toys aimed at an older audience. All the proof is there. You may be too young to understand this, but all markets have an older audience in mind as well as younger, it's why Thomas has been around so long. So please think before you speak because you sound very foolish, so apparently you do need my previous tip. You have proven this over and over again, you arguments make absolutely no sense and you will not listen to anyone else, so how you have the nerve to tell anyone they are naive or to act with more knowledge is beyond me. I realize you are young so act you're age, don't act like you know more than you do and If you really want to tell someone that they are naive or need to speak with more knowledge, tell someone who really needs to hear it, just take a look in the mirror.

Not trying to be mean, just really don't know how else to say it.

Quote from: PercyFan742 on October 03, 2011, 07:14:25 PM
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o I CAN'T TAKE THIS ANYMORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >:( >:( >:( >:( I DID NOT MEAN TO START THESE DEBATES OR WHATEVER BUT I DON'T WANT THEM!!!!!!!!!!! :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( THIS IS GETTING INSANE!!!!!!! PLEASE STOP!!!!!!!!!! >:( :( >:( :( >:( :( >:( :(

Take it easy man we are just, debating and we are allowed to do that. You did not cause it, so don't worry. :D

branmas

Quote from: thomasj219 on October 03, 2011, 07:52:24 PM

Quote from: PercyFan742 on October 03, 2011, 07:14:25 PM

Take it easy man we are just, debating and we are allowed to do that. You did not cause it, so don't worry.

REALLY!!?? :o :o :o Well, I guess I won't be veiwing this Thread EVER AGAIN! >:(

thomasj219

That's cool. Who's arguing now? ::) We are just having an intellectual discussion that we all are a part of willingly, nothing more.