News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Day of the diesels reviews

Started by ClearwtaerMK2, September 10, 2011, 10:16:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jettrainfan

dude, your out of line. This all started as a bloody day of the diesels review, and after seeing this kind of debate, i think it would be wise just to make a NEW topic to "Debate" in.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZL7jR1cRb4             

This is how i got my name and i hope that you guys like it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/jettrainfan?feature=mhw4
youtube account

thomasj219

Thats fine, I'm all for a new topic, but I don't think I'm out of line, I'm sorry if my second to last post was a little heated but I am frustrated. Surely you can understand that.
All I want is, Stepney, Boco, Harvey.

Calebtrain

To get back on track of the thread, did anybody notice Percy actually did sarcasm to Cranky? He asks him for help, Cranky says No and Percy, in a taunting voice says, Thank you Cranky. I fell off the couch laughing!  :D
http://www.youtube.com/user/Calebtrain

I am always willing to help the best way I can. :)

thomasj219

Hahaha yeah, that surprised me. Pleasantly I might add. ;D

SodorAdventures

Quote from: thomasj219 on October 03, 2011, 07:52:24 PM
Quote from: SodorAdventures on October 03, 2011, 04:00:14 PM
Unfortunately, you are naive. THe person who is naive is very strong to believing they are not, but in fact, you are. The world is not lollipops and gum drops, there is more to it. Such as greed. Something so powerful, it causes people to risk spending the rest of their life in jail. An example: Bernie Madeoff. Just look at him!

I am not naive, I am a critical thinker and an educated adult. I look at a counter argument weigh it's value and then decide wether adopt or discard it as I have with most of yours. You act like you know more than you do and just continue to insist you are right no matter how much evidence you are given to the contrary. And how am I saying the world is "Lollipops and Gumdrops" no one knows better than I that the world is a scary place. I am talking about a companies monetary methods so again this is a rubbish statement.

Everything I say, rubbish! You gotta look at the garbage you spell out. I also decide whether to adopt or discard, and most of YOUR arguments are inferred and have NO base. EVen if you talk about the companies monetary methods, you are still living like the world is a happy, and caring place, but obviously, that is not the case.

Now I KNOW this is not the case for Thomas and Friends, but do you really think that they would do the things you ask, if it wasn't their idea in the first place. Now listen to me, if they truly cared! They would have told us their awnsers, and even if they said no, they still cared about our opinions! But, NO, that is not the case. Look at the money they roll in, do you think they need US to tell them what to do. Now, I am not trying to stop you from getting your opinion heard, but truly, that would be very difficult to do. And if you truly do not like the Thomas of Today, then go back the Thomas of the Past. Bu dont get me wrong, you shouldnt feel discouraged from this, just act with a little more knowledge.

That did not really make sense but what I got from it is that you want someone from HiT to personally answer all of our questions. Do you really expect a major company to do that? That is just silly, but make no mistake they are looking. You should act with a little more knowledge because you truly have NO IDEA what you are talking about.

Oh yea, NO IDEA, sure. You dont get that even if HIT, a major company, really were worrued, they would tell us. Your saying that they would do that, so, I am kinda rubbing off the fact that they dont care about us, on you. And, oh, if I had NO IDEA, explain all my facts!

Now you said our wishes were a powerful factor. Granted, maybe they looked through here, and browsed the topic, and that might have been one of their plus', but its not even close to powerful. Listen, you may think there are many of "US" but we make up, most likely .5 to 1 % of all the fans of Thomas and Friends. 99% is small children. And you dont need to be a rocket scientist to figure that out. And ALSO, the reason why they dont mess with Duck anymore is because if they can get 8 NEW engines out, then even if at least 45% of the fans buy it, then thats very good. Look, I dont want to be mean, but thats the world, and its also statistics.

Hear me Through.                                       -Sodoradventures

This is likely the most baseless, false argument I have ever heard. I would love to know where you get you're statistics from but if you are estimating once again you are DEAD WRONG. While a lot of Thomas fans are in pre school it is no where near 99% of the market. A child is in pre-school age from 2-5 which is only four years. Yes more children are born but HiT's money really comes from THE PARENTS WHO DO NOT BUY ELECTRIC TRAINS UNTIL THEIR CHILD REACHES THE AGE WHERE THEY CAN TAKE CARE OF THEM. Which is not pre school age. You do not understand economics at all, a company is not going to market a brand like Thomas just to pre schoolers, because it is a small market, doesn't last long and not all pre schoolers like Thomas. They want to create a character that will last through the years to give the profit through the years, which is what has always been done with Thomas, why do you think we are still interested in Thomas. That is precisely the reason why Thomas markets like BACHMANN, LIONEL, and HORNBY exist. Do you really think parents are buying these for their pre schoolers, no. Sure there are a few young children who have a LIONEL, or a BACHMANN Thomas I for one had a G Scale Thomas from LIONEL when I was 4 but G Scale trains are intended for smaller hands. The majority of people who own these HO trains are 8 and up which is what it says on the package. HORNBY made buildings out of resin specifically for Adult Collectors for gods sake. So HiT makes A LOT of their money from collectors and to say they don't is ridiculous.  with the new WWII movie they are making yet another lie of toys aimed at an older audience. All the proof is there. You may be too young to understand this, but all markets have an older audience in mind as well as younger, it's why Thomas has been around so long. So please think before you speak because you sound very foolish, so apparently you do need my previous tip. You have proven this over and over again, you arguments make absolutely no sense and you will not listen to anyone else, so how you have the nerve to tell anyone they are naive or to act with more knowledge is beyond me. I realize you are young so act you're ageoh yea, so thats what you did you were 13, sat down and said that adult modelers know more than me, so I should just sit down, and hold my opinions in. Really? I feel sorry for ya then, don't act like you know more than you do and If you really want to tell someone that they are naive or need to speak with more knowledge, tell someone who really needs to hear it, just take a look in the mirror.

Not trying to be mean, just really don't know how else to say it.

You need to take your own advice. EVen if those parents buy the electric trains at an older age, that is not a large percent, and like I said, a very little percentage. Most parents dont know better and get these ELECTRIC TRAINS when they are very young! THey don't know any better! You expect too much of people. You think that there are so many 20 and 30 year olds in love with Thomas, also very incorrect. Its ONLY really for kids. ANOTHER FACT: I have been to Day out with Thomas before, in Strasburg pa, THE MAIN ONE, and was there for 6 hours, only twice did I see a fan above the age of 13 there. The REAL TRUE fans lower that number more. A 8 years, even with an electric train still doesn't most likely know as much as us! The WWII movie is a guaranteed gimmick, its going to be for kids, and I can guarantee you that you wont like it, and I will remember in 2014, when we see the movie, that you will call it rubbish, because THOMAS IS NOT GOING TO BE THE SAME AS 1980- 2000. They change, now for the better or worse is our own opinion, but seriously, I think that I spend more time on this subject than you. I am not syaing I know more in general than you. That would be lying. I respect you and your opinions, not to mention, I love your videos, but this debate can be right either way, due to the fact that we both have our own way of viewing the situation. Now if I insult you, or offended you in any way, I apologize, but I hope we can somehow make ends meet.

Quote from: PercyFan742 on October 03, 2011, 07:14:25 PM
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o I CAN'T TAKE THIS ANYMORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >:( >:( >:( >:( I DID NOT MEAN TO START THESE DEBATES OR WHATEVER BUT I DON'T WANT THEM!!!!!!!!!!! :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( THIS IS GETTING INSANE!!!!!!! PLEASE STOP!!!!!!!!!! >:( :( >:( :( >:( :( >:( :(

Take it easy man we are just, debating and we are allowed to do that. You did not cause it, so don't worry. :D

Yea, Its a formal debate. We are not be mean to one another.
Are you ready for Dover Valley's Facelift?

Visit our official site for more info:
                    http://www.sodoradventuresonline.com

Cheeky_ULP

Even I think this is starting to become childishly aggressive. I think everyone just needs to agree to disagree because this is getting nowhere. It doesn't help that everyone keeps thinking they're "right" and try to force their opinions on each other as fact.

thomasj219

Thank you for the compliments, I just don't get how you can't see that my opinions do have a base in fact and I'm not saying HiT would talk to us at all exactly the opposite. I am just saying they want to make as much money as possible, since the pre-school crowd will buy anything and they want our money too so they take our suggestions to heart, even if they don't abide them all. They would rather sell to 75% with classic characters than 45% with new ones in the electric line. But Sparks is right lets drop this or continue personally.

SodorAdventures

Quote from: thomasj219 on October 03, 2011, 10:10:19 PM
Thank you for the compliments, I just don't get how you can't see that my opinions do have a base in fact and I'm not saying HiT would talk to us at all exactly the opposite. I am just saying they want to make as much money as possible, since the pre-school crowd will buy anything and they want our money too so they take our suggestions to heart, even if they don't abide them all. They would rather sell to 75% with classic characters than 45% with new ones in the electric line. But Sparks is right lets drop this or continue personally.

Agreed. I see your point and will say that maybe HIT does care about our opinions. And it is true that is no new Charlie or Dash and bash in the electic line, the orinigals alone. I see your logic. Are we clean now? Back to the normal friendly Thomas fans?
Are you ready for Dover Valley's Facelift?

Visit our official site for more info:
                    http://www.sodoradventuresonline.com

TobyTheTram16

Quote from: Sparks on October 03, 2011, 09:29:30 PM
Even I think this is starting to become childishly aggressive. I think everyone just needs to agree to disagree because this is getting nowhere. It doesn't help that everyone keeps thinking they're "right" and try to force their opinions on each other as fact.
I totally agree this thread is starting to get out of hand  :P

therailwayinspector

Re Day Of The Diesels

Can ANYONE help me on this?
So many people say Sydney is seen in Three shots across the film, but no matter how hard I look, I can only see him in one, and that is the one he is focused on laughing in. What ARE the other two shots, and can anyone post any screenshots from them to clarify?
Steam, Diesel? It's All The Same.
Creator Of Thomas The Model Adventures

Cheeky_ULP

I know one of the times you see Sidney is a small bit of his cab in a shot (forget which one), and then another is only seen in one of the screen resolutions (I think 16:9 or Widescreen, probably Bluray) when Percy is leaving the Dieselworks (Mavis and Salty can be seen in this shot too I recall).

I'll try to see if I can get a picture of the cab cameo, but I'm out of luck with the third shot.

Cirkit:)

@therailwayinspector
UnknownThomasFan1 of Youtube posted a video showing one of Sidney's 'cab cameos'. The very first second of the video, look to the right, and you'll see Sid's blue cab.
http://youtu.be/qwyyp9G04UY

I didn't catch this myself until just a moment ago.

I really wish the new diesels had been used more.. oh well.

Cupix the Azelf

Quote from: Sparks on September 28, 2011, 10:45:11 PM
HiT didn't steal the idea because movies are made many many months in advance, so there's no way HiT could have just stolen the idea.

HiT probably just didn't approve of the content presented in the video.

Well, how did TTTEParody find out the plot of DOTD and made a video of it before the movie itself was even announced? Could the plot have been leaked last year? ???
Thomas + Bachmann = the True Thomas Experience.

Cheeky_ULP

Quote from: Azelf on October 23, 2011, 11:55:09 PM
Quote from: Sparks on September 28, 2011, 10:45:11 PM
HiT didn't steal the idea because movies are made many many months in advance, so there's no way HiT could have just stolen the idea.

HiT probably just didn't approve of the content presented in the video.

Well, how did TTTEParody find out the plot of DOTD and made a video of it before the movie itself was even announced? Could the plot have been leaked last year? ???
It was likely a coincidence. I don't remember when the synopsis was first revealed.