News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Walther swing bridge

Started by vidguy069, September 12, 2011, 04:36:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vidguy069

Since Bachmann doesn't have one I purchased Walther's Cornerstone Swing Bridge (Part # 933-3088) and the motorized unit as well (Part 933-1050). We can;t seem to find out where/how the rails get power.  We (my friend and I) aren't electrically inclined and hoping soldering is NOT going to be needed.
From my part of the instructions it's not that clear.

At any rate if anyone has any experience with this kit, we'd be very grateful for any assistance. 

On a separate topic, I installed a decoder in the Bachmann HO Motorized turn table, and when the bridge turns away from the 'current' index, that index looses power.  Samething happened when running DC.  Weird, but it works for me just fine.

VidGuy069

Jerrys HO

vid

The turntable is designed to only power the rail it is aligned with. All the others have no power.
Index four as you know is where the turn table gets it's power, from there it sends the power to the center of the table. There is contacts on each end of the bridge to power the rails it aligns with.
As for the swing bridge maybe post some pics or the instructions and someone maybe able to help from there.
Jerry