works fine in reverse, not forward

Started by DJAtomus, September 18, 2011, 09:00:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DJAtomus

Like I said earlier, i purchased a 2-10-2 seaboard. In reverse, the loco works perfect. not a problem. In forward, it shakes and stutters and jerks and clicks. Whats going on here? do i have a faulty loco?

DJAtomus

it also seems to like jumping the track at certain points...

Doneldon

DJ-

Try using one post for the most meaningful response. Multiple posts just antagonize some potential responders and may lead to a bunch of conflicting information from folks who only see part of the information as it evolves. Also, the quality of the information you receive is directly proportional to the quality of the information you provide, and you provided vary little. What track are you using? Is your loco okay on straight track but not on curves or turnouts? How do other trains do over the same track? What operating system are you using? DC? DCC? DCC loco on DC? DC loco on EZCommand DCC? Does it matter whether you have cars attached to your problematic loco? Have you checked track and loco for gauge? Are the couplers within spec, especially the height of the trip pin? You'd have done much, much better to have provided such information rather than making multiple posts with minimal information.

Now, as to your question: Yes, something is amiss, probably with your loco. But, and this is a big but, there are lots of other possibilities, too, including all of the things I mentioned in my first paragraph. Please fill us in and we'll try to help you figure out what's wrong and how to correct it.
                                                                                                                                                                                                       -- D