News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

On30 Railtrucks

Started by DWU, September 21, 2011, 12:08:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

railtwister

Quote from: DWU on October 18, 2011, 01:30:34 PM
Hey Railtwister!!!!!!!! You really think their gonna tell us either way,it just shuts us up for awhile. Guess what????????Brand new Climax sittin here,front drivers turn back ones just follow along for the ride! Here we go again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DWU,

Sorry to hear that. I haven't taken my Climax apart yet, but I have read that it may not always be a split gear with these locos, it might just be a cracked retaining ring which can be fixed (at least temporarily) with a dab of Super Glue. I haven't taken mine apart yet because at least now it is usable as a nice looking static mode. Once it comes apart, it won't even be good for that! As long as I have other On30 locos I can run, I don't have much incentive to mess with it, but then I don't have much incentive to go out and buy any new Bachmann locos either, until such time that I can be sure they won't suffer similar problems. Also, the cost of shipping & handling, even for Bachmann's warranty work (if you're lucky enough to get it), significantly adds enough to the the cost of the locomotive to make it's value questionable.

Bill in FL

DWU

To Railtwister,Once again I refuse to try to repair a brand new item,being that I customize,detail and weather then resell I dont think thats fair to the buyer nor do I want to HOPE when he gets it it works!If Bachman would feel the same way we wouldnt have these problems.Im not far from Philly so shipping cost isnt bad,Ill just keep sending them back one after another!