News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Dear Mr. Bach-mann....

Started by LargeScaleMomma, September 22, 2011, 03:44:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LargeScaleMomma

Hello!  I am new to the Large Scale Train World.  (My three year old little girl will be getting her first from the "Big guy" this Christmas!)  She just loves trains.   ;D

I was wondering if you were ever going to manufacture a Large Scale Rosie?  My little one LOVES Thomas, but Rosie, bring pink/purple is her obvious favorite!  I understand that she is not a 'high demand' figure, but I would gladly pay for a Rosie. There are some of us girls who grew up building trains with our Daddies and Grandaddies, and we are now building them with our daughters.  I think you could possibly be missing a nice marketing opportunity.

Just wondering......  I thought about painting a Thomas, but I just can't bring myself to do it!

Thanks!

branmas

I'm not sure Bachmann will make a Large Scale Rosie, but they may!

fitzythe4p

I'll be honest with you, I don't blame you for not wanting to paint a thomas considering how nicely done the model is, and besides, Thomas and Rosie are quite differently shaped. You may be happy to know that rumors are flying around that a large scale model of Emily may be made soon, her coaches have already been produced for the series and a reliable source has mentioned her release in passing. While Rosie may not be coming out for a while in the large scale range, there is definatley a chance she will be made  considering her popularity and small size. This being said an HO scale rosie model may come sooner for the same reasons but this is just speculation

ClearwtaerMK2

HO scale rosie has to come first.

Cheeky_ULP

Well I'm not sure about Rosie, but there is some rumors going around that Bachmann is going to make a Large Scale Emily.

WTierce1

I'm sure they are going to make a large scale Emily. If you watch the Bachmann large scale Emily coaches video on youtube by Gardentrains. They mention something about it.
A fan of the Tennessee Valley Railroad

J70

Piko (German Company) make a German G scale 0-6-0 that has some resemblance.

Lick of paint and a face would do wonders for it, at least the chassis is majorly accurate.

Jack

deviousdiesel10

WOW Churchill, that is quite a resemblance,but Just imagine painting that thing. Could Take some time,and where would one get a face? :D

LargeScaleMomma

Yes, I see the resemblence.  I would get her an emily, but Emily is not pink/purple...  YOu know how princesses are with thier girly colors LOL!