bachmann PLEASE BUY THE ROUNDHOUSE/MDC MOLDS BEFORE THEY ARE GONE FOREVER!

Started by ForThemPanzerz, September 25, 2011, 06:03:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ForThemPanzerz

Quote from: Len on September 27, 2011, 11:53:42 AM
Quote from: jerryl on September 27, 2011, 08:49:33 AM
They are in business, but are produced under the Athearn name.  Not everything is available, only what Athearn releases.  The Athearn American Loco was an upgraded Roundhouse.

Actually Roundhouse was purchased by Horizon Hobby, and is still around as RTR cars and locos in Roundhouse boxes. The manufacturer code to search what's available and order directly from Horizon is "RND". A few Roundhouse pieces ended up in the Athearn line, and some of the "old time" Athearn cars ended up in Roundhouse boxes. But, in general, both lines are still marketed seperately by Horizon.

Which is a 'good thing', and there are some nice cars in both lines to go with our Bachmann locos.

Len

they need to make more of the roundhouse classics like the boxcab shays and high boiler climax
Forumfield

TwinZephyr

There have been no updates to the Roundhouse web site for nearly six months.  Athearn has announced a few Roundhouse products since April, but there is no trace of those models on the web site.  It certainly looks like Athearn/Horizon are loosing, if not have already completely lost, interest in pre-WWII prototypes.  Don't be surprised if you see the Roundhouse line scrapped within the next year or two.

Len

Quote from: TwinZephyr on September 27, 2011, 06:53:24 PM
There have been no updates to the Roundhouse web site for nearly six months.  Athearn has announced a few Roundhouse products since April, but there is no trace of those models on the web site.  It certainly looks like Athearn/Horizon are loosing, if not have already completely lost, interest in pre-WWII prototypes.  Don't be surprised if you see the Roundhouse line scrapped within the next year or two.

Go the the Athearn web page and click the "New Products" link, you'll find the new Roundhouse items listed there after the Athearn items. Or you can sign up for the Athearn Newsletter on the Roundhouse web page, and receive new product notifications there. It costs money to maintain multiple web pages, so the Roundhouse web page is slowley being phased out, not the products.

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

MilwaukeeRoadfan261

I agree. Athearn still produces the Roundhouse line as I think they use it as their line of pre-WWII engines and rolling stock while Athearn is more WWII and later. As far as the web site thing, They will most likely merge the two pages together under the Athearn name since what would be Roundhouse in HO Scale, for example the old-time 2-6-0's and 2-8-0's and various pieces of old-time rolling stock, are sold as Athearn products in N scale. Some of the new Athearn releases like the arched roof coaches and 24' ore cars are based off of the old MDC/Roundhouse molds of the same cars. So even if the Roundhouse name dissapears, the products will still live on under the Athearn name. Either way, both lines of engines and rolling stock are good quality, well made products.

ForThemPanzerz

Quote from: MilwaukeeRoadfan261 on September 28, 2011, 02:14:22 PM
I agree. Athearn still produces the Roundhouse line as I think they use it as their line of pre-WWII engines and rolling stock while Athearn is more WWII and later. As far as the web site thing, They will most likely merge the two pages together under the Athearn name since what would be Roundhouse in HO Scale, for example the old-time 2-6-0's and 2-8-0's and various pieces of old-time rolling stock, are sold as Athearn products in N scale. Some of the new Athearn releases like the arched roof coaches and 24' ore cars are based off of the old MDC/Roundhouse molds of the same cars. So even if the Roundhouse name dissapears, the products will still live on under the Athearn name. Either way, both lines of engines and rolling stock are good quality, well made products.
i just viewed it and it made me sad because if they are to do that they should do it in ho and n but at least their they're still around.
Forumfield

ryeguyisme

I wish they'd come out with their 3-in-1 series I have all but a few buildings they made, would like to get another HOn3 2-8-0t because my other one is midbash for a 2-4-4-0t

Reminds me I gotta start working on my steam shovel kit >.<

I loved the harriman steam locomotives and their HON3 outside frame 2-8-0's(i have one but would like another for the mountain route)

ForThemPanzerz

i am getting my first roundhouse engine a battle mtn mining co climax... i really hope it runs
Forumfield