bachmann PLEASE BUY THE ROUNDHOUSE/MDC MOLDS BEFORE THEY ARE GONE FOREVER!

Started by ForThemPanzerz, September 25, 2011, 06:03:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ForThemPanzerz

i am sad to see that Roundhouse went out of business after i fell in love with their products and was wondering if Bachmann would ever consider buying the molds to their products before they are lost. heck i bet bachmann could make the 2 truck shay 5 times better. i would also love it if they included the road names that roundhouse had. also could bachmann at least make a product line of ho trains based on short line railroads like mining and logging railroads and include oddball engines like the climax roundhouse had and boxcabs and the shays. i am sad to say that i didn't get into model railroading untill all the smaller companies are gone.
Forumfield

ryeguyisme

Athearn owns MDC sadly, and they're mostly only looking to sell modern equipment and ready to run. They're making a huge mistake not having more offerings in steam either kit or rtr. They're only offering early early moguls and consolidations and that's it. I for one own quite a few MDC locomotives and grew up with them in HO and HOn3.

ForThemPanzerz

Forumfield

ForThemPanzerz

Quote from: ryeguyisme on September 25, 2011, 06:07:59 PM
Athearn owns MDC sadly, and they're mostly only looking to sell modern equipment and ready to run. They're making a huge mistake not having more offerings in steam either kit or rtr. They're only offering early early moguls and consolidations and that's it. I for one own quite a few MDC locomotives and grew up with them in HO and HOn3.

is athearn even in buisness? i think horizon is trying to destroy all my favorite lines.
Forumfield

richg

Since this is a Bachmann forum, I suggest you get some knowledge by doing Google searches for other brands.
I have these products and they are still being made and sold. That is all I can say. What you are talking about was done some years ago. Molds wear out.

You do not have to put the whole message in the subject line and you do not have to yell, All Upper case text.
Your school teacher should be able to tell you that.

Rich

richg

ForThemPanzerz

Quote from: richg on September 26, 2011, 11:10:13 AM
Sent you a PM all about this issue with many links.

Rich
thank you now i at least have a sorce of their products besides ebay.
Forumfield

ForThemPanzerz

sorry after i typed in bachmann i left the rome breifly and came back and my brother was playing with the key board and he had activated caps lock but i did not check the typing untill after i typed bacause i watch my fingures when i type... (bad habbit)  :-\
Forumfield

ForThemPanzerz

Forumfield

jerryl

yes , Horizon owns ROUNDHOUSE, They still produce the kits as RTR under the Athearn name@ a MUCH higher price. They are "upgraded" w/ metal wheels & knuckle couplers. Really liked the old kits & have many of them.  Pick them up whenever I see them....My grandchildren will enjoy them, I hope.

ForThemPanzerz

Quote from: Geared Steam on September 26, 2011, 07:26:09 PM
Quote from: mr shay on September 25, 2011, 06:09:05 PM
Is anybody else out their who agrees with me?  ???

I most certainly do, see my blog post here.

http://gearedsteam.blogspot.com/2010/03/moel-die-casting-roundhouse.html
its a great blog i have already visited a few times. i already have 2 bachmann 3 truck shays and attempting to get a 2 truck or climax
Forumfield

ForThemPanzerz

Quote from: jerryl on September 26, 2011, 07:30:25 PM
yes , Horizon owns ROUNDHOUSE, They still produce the kits as RTR under the Athearn name@ a MUCH higher price. They are "upgraded" w/ metal wheels & knuckle couplers. Really liked the old kits & have many of them.  Pick them up whenever I see them....My grandchildren will enjoy them, I hope.
i didn't know they were still in buisness because my sites i usually use listed they were on backorder or out of production.
Forumfield

jerryl

They are in business, but are produced under the Athearn name.  Not everything is available, only what Athearn releases.  The Athearn American Loco was an upgraded Roundhouse.

Len

Quote from: jerryl on September 27, 2011, 08:49:33 AM
They are in business, but are produced under the Athearn name.  Not everything is available, only what Athearn releases.  The Athearn American Loco was an upgraded Roundhouse.

Actually Roundhouse was purchased by Horizon Hobby, and is still around as RTR cars and locos in Roundhouse boxes. The manufacturer code to search what's available and order directly from Horizon is "RND". A few Roundhouse pieces ended up in the Athearn line, and some of the "old time" Athearn cars ended up in Roundhouse boxes. But, in general, both lines are still marketed seperately by Horizon.

Which is a 'good thing', and there are some nice cars in both lines to go with our Bachmann locos.

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.