does anybody know a good company that makes ho trains in the 1880 to 1910's era

Started by ForThemPanzerz, September 25, 2011, 06:36:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doneldon

RAM-

I wasn't aware that the SF Northern was moved to Union. It was at the Rosenwald last time I was there. Of course, that was with my middle grandson on his first airplane trip when he was seven. Now he's in high school. Wow. I'd definitely have gone to see them move that thing out of the museum.

I just barely recall when they moved it to the museum property. They laid rails in the street from the IC RR and dragged it with a bulldozer. I was lucky to know when they delivered the loco because it was kind of a quiet thing to discourage crowds. But my father worked for the Santa Fe so he knew when the move would happen. I hope it isn't sitting outside in Union. It took quite a beating in the 40-some years it sat by Lake Michigan. The vandals didn't do much damage but the weather was hard on it. The museum spiffed it all up when they moved it into the parking structure. It would be a shame to let it rot again. There isn't much inside space in Union compared to the huge collection of equipment; I hope this loco got some of it.

It was an even bigger deal when they moved the German submarine across the Outer Drive from Lake Michigan. It had traffic screwed up for days. But that's not a story for a train board.
                                                                                -- D

ForThemPanzerz

Forumfield