News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Lady the Golden Engine...HELP

Started by deviousdiesel10, September 26, 2011, 05:43:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deviousdiesel10

Can anyone PLEASE help me make a decent Lady model for HO. I have asked countless times and no one seems to help. Im not trying to be mean, but I wish someone could help me. Lady is my all time FAVORITE engine. Please help me. If this helps, I'm completly new to model railroading, and dont understand electrical wires or currents.

P.S. Sory for such a long paragraph.  ::)

Cheeky_ULP

A lot of people have modified the ERTL Lady to HO scale. I've never looked much into it though, in terms of making the proper chassis. Hopefully someone else will know.

SodorAdventures

Quote from: Sparks on September 26, 2011, 05:44:45 PM
A lot of people have modified the ERTL Lady to HO scale. I've never looked much into it though, in terms of making the proper chassis. Hopefully someone else will know.

That would be me! You want to a a sand metal tool, that does the same thing as sandpaper and sand the edge so that it will fit flush on a percy (in which you would remove that plastic wheels, or bachmann gandy dancer (which you would keep the plastic wheels.
Are you ready for Dover Valley's Facelift?

Visit our official site for more info:
                    http://www.sodoradventuresonline.com

SodorAdventures

Are you ready for Dover Valley's Facelift?

Visit our official site for more info:
                    http://www.sodoradventuresonline.com

TobyTheTram16

Another possibility is using the chassis from a Bachmann On30 Porter looks like it could work because the motor is pretty small.

JD417

What i did to make mine was;
Buy a ERTL and Bandai Lady, and use parts from Bachmann Edward, Percy, and Bill/Ben
Take a pair of Bachmann Bill/Ben wheels,
Take off the side rods that come from the piston to the wheels,
Put on Bachman Percy piston rods,
Bachmann Edward Motor,
Bachmann Edward Circit Board,
Make a scratchbuilt chassie block,
Using the Bandai Pistons, glue them on to the front of your custom made chassie block,
Put in the wheels,
Make a gear system from the motor to the wheels that will fit in the small boiler of the ERTL Lady
Once you got that you can fill up the extra space in the boiler with extra weight to make it a better puller,
Then, once it definetly runs, add extra details, such as new buffers like from Bachmann Edward (what i did), and a hook in the back,
then glue or figure out how to screw in a back coupling,
Switch the ERTL Lady and Bandai Lady faces to get a better look on the outside
Put in cab detail and/or add some people like lily or burnett or patch ect. in the cab
and then... YOU GOTS YOURSELF AN AMAZING WORKING LADY MODEL :3